Thirsty..................

Zugara

Help required please ;)

My car seems very thirsty at the moment, I am not ragging the ass of it either :dry: , Put 40 squids(98 ron) of fuel in and only got 97 miles out of it :scare:

I had tried normal fuel prior to the 40 squid fill (98ron) and it was the same, fuel consumption reads 20 to 22 mpg.

One thing i have noticed is that the choke seems to stay on for quite a while, maybe after 3 miles it goes off. I have set my throttle controller to Normal.

Air filter is clear and oil level normal, as are tyre pressures. :thumbs:

The smell from the exhaust just seems to smell "rich" all the time.

Anyone with any ideas please :blush:

Now, I'm not having a dig, but has this been happening since you changed your exhaust? And if so could that affect consumption, just a thought :wacko::)

No Graham, only just started within the last of weeks.

I am thinking the lamda sensor maybe at fault..... :shrug:

Maybe PM Mark at Abbey or give Scott a ring, hope you get it sorted soon mate. :thumbs: Were you serious about the Biltong? :snack:

Now, I'm not having a dig, but has this been happening since you changed your exhaust? And if so could that affect consumption, just a thought :wacko::)

Maybe PM Mark at Abbey or give Scott a ring, hope you get it sorted soon mate. :thumbs: Were you serious about the Biltong? :snack:

Biltong..........No mate, just pulling your pisser, cant stand the stuff. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Official way to check the lambda sensors, ideally you'd use Consult (Abbey have this or Nissan dealer) or I think you can read them off OBDII. Dont know the operating range, but sure Mark@Abbey or perhaps Jez@Horsham will chip in. When the car is warm it should read a certain range of volts, if its borked then it will read high or low accordingly. Or see how cheap Alex/Lee have a spare pair going?