PLEASE HELP 07 Roadster won't start

chocohercules

mine is in for this reason if this helps viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47057

they have tested nearly the hole car and think its the ecu so when i get a result from the ecu testers al up date my thread . it could be a few reasons tho

1-key fob

2- battery (zeds are very picky about current )

3- loose neutral or earth wire

4 - ecu

and thats just to start with , the zed has a interlocking safety feature so it could be a range of thing that are linked with that ie clutch pedel switch or relays etc ( main relays and fuses are in next to battery cublical )

hopefully you get your sorted with less hassel than me :headhurt:

good luck :thumbs:

UPDATE! Tried to start the Z again still nothing Ignition, stereo etc all works but when trying to crank it over it just makes a click noise ignition dash lights all go out and nothing!! does this sound familiar? i thought it might be an immobiser or something? must add the battery is weak, but have been trying with a battery booster thing :angry:

New battery dude. Thats what happens when the battery is low.

It seems like it wants to turn over but all of the lights go out and nothing. I think it could be that. :thumbs:

+1, that's exactly how mine went, a 3.5 V6 needs a lot of power to turn the engine over. You can often struggle on for months with a smaller engine once the battery deteriorates but I found that once The Zed battery goes then it just won't hold enough charge.

Pete

I notice from your previous posts wanting various front and rear body parts, this car has been in an accident.

Have you actually had this car running before? Other than the battery as stated before, are you doing the obvious and pressing the clutch in??

Also check for damage to the Air Flow meter on the air intake pipe, it won't crank if that is damaged or disconnected.

I know it's not much but it's something else to check.

Here we go :bang:

Bought a battery from halfords yesterday, what according to the chart should be perfect for the Z! 510 starting power! Hooked it up to the Z still couldnt turn it over, car cranked over 3 times really slowly in a struggling kind of way then went back to the click noise and no dash lights! Surely a new battery should of turned it over or do you think it was underpowered? Seriously do i need a Nuclear Power plant to start this thing :bangin:

I did look at the Volt meter it was reading 12? needle half way, is this the correct voltage?

That is exactly what's happening to mine mate . It points towards a loose earth or the bendix in the starting motor being broke as the car will start for a limited time if you bump it , or the car will crank if you put a wire from your battery to the casing of the engine but Nissan seam to think it's the ecu . I am getting my results today so will let you no what the crack is mate

Just got my results from ecu tester it is the ecu at fault (the feed for the start relay) so will get it back tomorro and will inform Nissan of there findings so they can test the relay and everything associated with that part of the system .

The cost of an ecu to be reconditioned is £210

Hope this helps

Will update again tomorro

Unfortuntley I do not find out till tomorro weather it's fixed or not . I sent the hole car to nissan and they sent the ecu to a independent tester . The results from this independent tester came back today saying that the supply voltage from the ecu start relay connection was faulty so they reconditioned it for £210 . Tomorrow Nissan will receive it back and put it back into the car and see if that's the only fault the car has , so not out the water yet but hopefully it's that and it's just pluged back in and it works if not then it's back to fault finding :rant:

I hope to god it works as am gutted about missing all the nice weather with it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Great news :yahoo: , at least you can get your car back on the road! Was it very costly?

Still havent got round to starting mine yet as the mechanic has a few cars in before he starts mine! Hopefully next week sometime?

Just been concentrating on getting these damn parts :rant:

We do have an inkling of whats causing the problem though? During the shunt the Sump took some of the impact and was drained of the oil. Hooked the car to a code reader and Crank/shaft or Hall sensor code showing. Was told this error is showing due to no oil in the car!! so hopefully once the sump is fixed and oil topped up it should fire up again? :band:

I got it droped in at the Nissan main deale for my area so yeah quite dear

6x coil packs =£300

Ecu recon =£210

alternator belt = £24

Labour = £245

so total = £779

the fault was that 4 out of 6 coil packs degraded and cause a high current return to my ecu which knacked that . Just tuck alittle while to find due to ecu being knacked also with me trying to run it it was recommended that I change my cats due to fuel damage but haven't got round to that yet .

Have you started to look at your yet ?