Daily Drivers... How do you close your boot?

slimjim

Mine is not exactly a daily driver...

but when I do use mine for shopping or anything, I am always trying to grab the non existent handle inside the boot.

On my previous cars, there has been a handle on the inside of the boot, to help close the boot.

Can anyone tell me if the facelift models have them?

I know it's only a little niggle, but it's super annoying :D

Nope, not on a 313 either... I have to admit to doing a double take the first time I looked inside a boot, I couldn't really believe there was no handle of any sort!

Finger on the edge of the spoiler for me though. How Management will do it I'm not sure. Come to think of it, she's never likely to be needing to do it... ;)

Started using the latch on the boot to do it, but you can't really get the power you need for it to shut all the way.

Want to try to find something for sort this as once I start detailing her, I don't really want to be touching the bodywork :)

I was thinking about putting some kind of strap that could hang down. Like in some other cars I have had.

Anyone done anything like this? :blush:

I'm the same, pull on the latch. I don't have any badges on the back of mine so I refrain from touching the paintwork all the time otherwise I put my grubby mits on the centre badge? :shrug:

I'm the same, pull on the latch. I don't have any badges on the back of mine so I refrain from touching the paintwork all the time otherwise I put my grubby mits on the centre badge? :shrug:

Im in training for when my car is nice and clean... B)

You know, not touching the paintwork with my hands... or putting metal objects on it ;)

I use the latch, and i have the hatch weight removed too and it closes fine everytime without using too much force.

That's probably a fair move. Although do you not get the dreaded boot shutting on your head syndrome in the winter?

I use the latch, and i have the hatch weight removed too and it closes fine everytime without using too much force.

That's probably a fair move. Although do you not get the dreaded boot shutting on your head syndrome in the winter?

Nope... with the weight removed, I find it HARDER to shut my boot.

But then I had my struts re-gased a few weeks back.

:bangin: of course removing the weight will cause the boot to become harder to close. (Late night last night).

If you are re-gassed, why not put the weight back in, helping to close the boot without too much effort?

:bangin: of course removing the weight will cause the boot to become harder to close. (Late night last night).

:lol:

If you are re-gassed, why not put the weight back in, helping to close the boot without too much effort?

Yup.. did that when I got em re-gased... :teeth:

:lol:

Yup.. did that when I got em re-gased... :teeth:

Here's some options

1. Get a nice heavy spoiler !!!

2. Put shopping in passenger footwell (save using the boot)

3. Get your shopping delivered

4. Put this on the outside of your boot?? :teeth:

Best-Grab-Handle.gif

:lol: love the handle bolted to the outside of the boot idea!

I use mine as a daily driver, and i too had to double check there was no handle inside the boot to close it. So, i have to put my dirty hands on the boot lid to shut it.

Mind you, i can barely get my laptop bag in the boot on my car, but whilst i dont play golf apparently you can get a full set of golf clubs in there - and i love the way nissan stick a step by step guide on how to do this on the inside of the bootlid.

I use mine as a daily driver, and i too had to double check there was no handle inside the boot to close it. So, i have to put my dirty hands on the boot lid to shut it.

Mind you, i can barely get my laptop bag in the boot on my car, but whilst i dont play golf apparently you can get a full set of golf clubs in there - and i love the way nissan stick a step by step guide on how to do this on the inside of the bootlid.

buy a Mac... smaller laptops... more power ;)

You can fit LOADS in the boot! Even TWO golf bags.

A few bods on here do 2-3 weeks camping in them. The boot is massive, just have to know how to pack it :)

buy a Mac... smaller laptops... more power ;)

You can fit LOADS in the boot! Even TWO golf bags.

A few bods on here do 2-3 weeks camping in them. The boot is massive, just have to know how to pack it :)

10 Days Camping :scare: !!

It was a complete pain in the 8rse! Dig everything out the boot, pitch tent, put items back in boot. Take tent down, unpack boot, put everything back in boot drive to next destination....

Dig everything out the boot, pitch tent, put items back in boot. Take tent down, unpack boot, put everything back in boot drive to next destination....

Dig everything out the boot, pitch tent, put items back in boot. Take tent down, unpack boot,

put everything back in boot drive to next destination....

Dig everything out the boot, pitch tent, put items back in boot. Take tent down, unpack boot, put everything back in boot drive to next destination....

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

Considering it was a European tour it had it's great points. Agreed same as other cars, although other cars you can just throw the stuff in the boot. With the Zed it has to be strategically placed, utilising the Spare Wheel area as luggage space.

The most annoying thing was at each campsite we would return our "pop" tents back into the boot of our cars, but my "POP" didn't want to "POP" down - so I had a half in - half out "not so POP" tent creating space issues in the boot of my car!!

DOH! just spotted yours is the girlie version.... :D

NO idea what the boot space is like on the convertibles. Tiny I expect...

yep! i cant even fit the weeks shopping in mine. Luckily my missus just sold her convertible and bought a boring hatch back, so I can use that as the shopping / builders van / junk car instead.

camping wise... i`ll stick to b&b`s... :)