Stillen Exhaust - Performance Gain?

ScottyZ

I'm looking to lose the stock exhaust and fit a Stillen Cat Back system soonish and was wondering if anyone who has the Stillen noticed any increase in performance. The figures quoted for the Stillen are a 18 BHP increase. Did anyone notice an increase in performance or did it just make the 370Z look and sound better?

Thanks,

Scotty

I'm looking to lose the stock exhaust and fit a Stillen Cat Back system soonish and was wondering if anyone who has the Stillen noticed any increase in performance. The figures quoted for the Stillen are a 18 BHP increase. Did anyone notice an increase in performance or did it just make the 370Z look and sound better?

Thanks,

Scotty

Not noticed any particular gain but then there are already a lot of horses there so needs to be a big gain to be noticable.Sounds great though.

You wont notice the ~20WHP it gives by a butt dyno at all. The sound is more than enough to make up for the cost though! Its well proven in the States that it does give ~20WHP on the dyno though. I fitted Gen3 intakes and exhaust to mine, and while it does seem more keen than before, I couldnt say how much HP its added. Will find out at some point when I get it UpRev'd though.

I have it on reliable information that the Stillen exhaust on a 2009 370 with an uprev in the UK will achieve some 345bhp at the fly (310bhp at the wheels) :thumbs: Not sure how much the intakes might add but 350bhp at the fly seems doable.

But of course with the inflated fuel costs around an uprev will improve mpg as the standard cars run unnecessarily rich, which is an important factor. ;)

All dependent though on the most essential ingredients - what the thing resting on your neck tells the thing at the bottom of your right leg to do :lol: