Suspension issues part 2

sss107

Hi there, looking for help! Ive started a new topic as i have different problems! My car feels pretty rough at the moment! I have done the following:

- both compression arms ( banana bars)

- both tie rod ends

- end rack

- both front lower ball joints ( on hub carrier)

- alignment checked

- all wheels balanced (they were fine)

The symptoms:

No longer planted, suspension feels very harsh especially over rough parts of road. On the motorway, it bounces about and I feel vibrations through my legs/footwell and some through the steering wheel.

Its a 03 zed 38k miles, no suspension mods apart from 20 mm spacers. I was thinking it could be shocks that are worn (not leaking tho) as I understand the early zeds tend to have bouncy suspension - I tried bouncing each corner to test the shocks but they are that stiff I couldn't tell!

Can anyone help?

Get your shocks checked, Your shocks provide dampening in both compression and in rebound. Bad shocks could very well cause your issue. It's probably combined with several bushings needing to be replaced as well.

You dont have a broken spring? :shrug:

Were the wheels balanced on the car?

They were all balanced off car, I've just got a feeling it's shocks. Thankfully zmanalex has given me a good price for a set :) Not sure if this is a connected problem but I've noticed that if I rock the steering wheel left and right, I hear a knocking noise. ( when stationery) or is that normal? :)

They were all balanced off car, I've just got a feeling it's shocks. Thankfully zmanalex has given me a good price for a set :) Not sure if this is a connected problem but I've noticed that if I rock the steering wheel left and right, I hear a knocking noise. ( when stationery) or is that normal? :)

Not normal.

Trackrod ends possibly?

He changed both the tie rods (track rods ) ends already.

I think the car need to be on a whel on ramp and the steering wobbled while ther eis loa don the wheels , you should be able to feel any play in the suspension.

Have you had the car 4 wheel aligned since you fitted all the suspension items? I have had cars wrongly tracked and they feel horrible when driven on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

have the same issue with my other car bar the vibrations that sounds like tracking... my shocks are shot, after I stuck some eibach springs on her I think the increased compression knackered them. :headhurt: good excuse to get coilovers for that car also :lol: