Roll on Tuesday so that...

Cragus

I will do mate, dinner was fantastic cheers! Nicole was wanting to come down and see the dog lol I'm too tires though after the late one last night. Any good vids of the run home lol?

I have a wee video of you cruising although I am sneezing and cam is all over the place - will show you tomorrow! :lol: I think Nicole is going to try and kidnap Casper. She was trying to load him in the van last time! :lol:

I'm going to get the emission police to you :rant:

Unless you bring me £5000 :lol:

Lovely looking Zed with a nice combo of mods.

I went through two of those Y pipes with my last NA Zed when combined with Decats - they don't like vibration and tend to split at the welds. It doesn't help that theres no support on either decats or y pipe (as opposed to OE).

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with yours.

Lovely looking Zed with a nice combo of mods.

I went through two of those Y pipes with my last NA Zed when combined with Decats - they don't like vibration and tend to split at the welds. It doesn't help that theres no support on either decats or y pipe (as opposed to OE).

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with yours.

Thanks for the comment Steady! Do you know if there is anyway of adding support to them to avoid the splitting?

How lond did the y pipes last for you before splitting and which decats/exhaust were you using them with?

Thanks,

Craig

.... Do you know if there is anyway of adding support to them to avoid the splitting?

How lond did the y pipes last for you before splitting and which decats/exhaust were you using them with?

Should be possible to add support to the decats if you know someone handly with a welder - just copy the OE cats brackets. I know the OE cats are a lot heavier but you will get a lot more vibration with a non reasonated decat pipe.

I went through two sets of Japspeed Y pipes in less than 10K miles on my last Zed and that was with Topspeed reasonated decats (better than non-reasonated Japspeed I would have thought) and an RSR exhaust (it was LOUD) - had to switch back to the OE Y pipe eventually (I still have the two Y pipes in my garage but I really wouldn't sell them - they were that crap). The Japspeed Y pipe may have improved since I last used it but it still looks like exactly the same design from your pics.

Don't want to knock Japspeed per se - I'm using their reasonated decats at the moment on my SC Zed and they've behaved flawlessy.

The combination of Topspeed decats, Japspeed Y pipe and RSR exhaust just didn't gell from a reliability standpoint - did sound well though -

- even in the open (watch the sheep) -

massively loud - grand for a trackday or 1/4 mile but unbearable in the long run.

I am hoping the japspeed decats and y gel nicely with the scorpion centre pipe and backbox. I might ask the garage if they are able to weld brackets in a similar fashion to that of the OEM cats and see what they say.

I basically want a decent sound with it being k1 OTT. Here's hoping I get it right! The scorpion tips may go eventually aswell - I haven't decided.

I will let you know how I get on mate!