Michelin Pilot Sport 2

-Chris-

All,

Having read a few threads it appears it's generally agreed the 'best' tyres for the zed are the pilot sport 2's. However i believe they have stopped making them in size 245/45/18.

After a quick scout around i have been unable to find the Pilot sport 3 for sale in this size and Michelins website only shows the Pilot Sport available in the this size.

I don't want to buy the PS2 as the rears wear quicker than the fronts and if the stock is gone when they need replacing it would mean buying 4 news tyres if i wanted the same all-round.

Now that the Pilot Sports 2's are not available what takes its place at the top of the table??

Chris.

Pilot Sport 3 are not a patch on the PS2, don't be fooled by the name.

PSS should be available imminently and will almost certainly be better, that's what's going on the 911 next anyway. If you're in dire need of quality tyres then go for the RE050A, as they're near as dammit as good as the PS2 are. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks that's useful to know.

Would be interested to hear what you think after you've had a bit more time to test them out.

Chris.

I've now done over 1,000 miles on the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and loving them. Very quiet, good feel, bags of grip. The only things still to discover are what they're like in the wet and how well they'll last.

Was out int the 'wet' when it rained the other day.

My PS2s felt ok. Obviously let go a lot sooner than in the dry, but they felt on par with the Ssanta ultras I took off.

Very happy, very impressed. Will only put these on from now on in!

• 2 months later...

I'm waiting for a review comparing the new Bridgestone S-04 before pulling the trigger.

The S-04 is known as the S001 in Europe :headhurt:

I have just put a set on and they are better than the optimumly worn (just into the indicators) RE050A that I had on, I thought I had better change as the police wouldn't like them. A bit more precise and greater overall grip I would say.

I have read a lot of positive comments about the Michelins but not any personal experience.