Tinted Windows Pictures

hanel

Hi Guys,

Finally got round to taking picture of the car since I had the windows tinted.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

I think the picture make the windows look a little darker than they actually are and it really does depend on the angle you see them at. If you look from front towards the back they look really dark but if you are looking from the back then they look much lighter.

I really like them though........... What you think?

looks good George,, now do the front windscreen to match :thumbs:

You're not allowed to touch the front windows at all. I also think that it would make it quite dangerous driving at night. Looking out the back window at night you can only see headlights and that's it. You're luck if you can make out the outline of a car if it's sitting under a street light. You'd never see anything if the front was as dark.

You're not allowed to touch the front windows at all. I also think that it would make it quite dangerous driving at night. Looking out the back window at night you can only see headlights and that it. You're luck if you can make out the outline of a car if it's sitting under a street light. You'd never see anything if the front was as dark.

Think it was a joke pal. ;)

You're not allowed to touch the front windows at all. I also think that it would make it quite dangerous driving at night. Looking out the back window at night you can only see headlights and that it. You're luck if you can make out the outline of a car if it's sitting under a street light. You'd never see anything if the front was as dark.

Just making sure, you never know with lomoto. :wacko:

Just making sure, you never know with lomoto. :wacko:

You obviously didn't see my post before Lomoto's :ninja:

Hi Guys,

Finally got round to taking picture of the car since I had the windows tinted.

I think the picture make the windows look a little darker than they actually are and it really does depend on the angle you see them at. If you look from front towards the back they look really dark but if you are looking from the back then they look much lighter.

I really like them though........... What you think?

Nice on George, what percentage are they, also are you allowed to do those on a coupe, I thought you weren't?

hmm , personally not a big fan of tinting windows, why on earth would someone sacrafice their vision , to make the car look good to joe public. in america, in a hot sunny climate i can understand it , not here though not with the fog , and in a convertible too!!!!!!!!

hmm , personally not a big fan of tinting windows, why on earth would someone sacrafice their vision , to make the car look good to joe public. in america, in a hot sunny climate i can understand it , not here though not with the fog , and in a convertible too!!!!!!!!

Remember I'm from Scotland origionally so anything over 20 is too hot. I've never had it done to any of the cars that I've had and wanted to try it, so why not.

I'd agree with the vision thing but only through the back window. Through the side windows it not a problem at all.

You would be OK to do it on a Coupe. I thought that anything on the front windows were illegal though? I had tints on one of my old car and on the right colour car they look superb.

Tinting the front side windows is legal up to a certain percentage of tint. The front window you're not allowed to tint at all.

Remember I'm from Scotland origionally so anything over 20 is too hot. I've never had it done to any of the cars that I've had and wanted to try it, so why not.

I'd agree with the vision thing but only through the back window. Through the side windows it not a problem at all.

fair enough mate, you seem to have gone for a lightish tint which is good idea , my mates got a kuro and he has it tinted pitch black (highly illegal but passed MOT and hes been pulled over for speeding twice but no-one commented on the tints) and even though it does look nice , his vision is shite at nights - he also gets these vertical smears on the side windows -he says all z's get them , but i dont get them on my z and i was convinced the tint causes them, what about you

he also gets these vertical smears on the side windows -he says all z's get them , but i dont get them on my z and i was convinced the tint causes them, what about you

I don't seems to get vertical smeers but I do use RainX on my windows which really helps keep them clean. The tints do show up any dirt a lot more than normal.

I have 65% tints on my bmw, the only time it can very slightly reduce visibility is on an unlit road at night. But even then it hardly makes any difference to your visibility. The only drawback is at junctions etc I have to flash other cars to let them go or say cheers, as they cannot see my wave etc.

95428521d5d3e2dc9e6b07b45b2945cc6318bf6d86f4b0a0a09c56c0.jpg59907504f13cfc9530a9b20f5fd118039c5a17e826dafde30d351d4c.jpg

As far as I know, before a date (2003 maybe?) you were allowed to tint the front windows up to 35% and then more recently it was stopped on front windows, hence the 4x4's driving around with limo black for the kids and 'clear' at the front. Never been allowed to do the windscreen except the subtle bits you see on factory stuff. IIRC the police have a light test of some sort if they need to make sure. :)

Your right, not allowed on front drivers & passenger windows, but I have been lucky & not been pulled by the plod with their light meters, ..yet!! When I was getting mine done there was a Hamman tuned & kitted BMW 645ci convertible that somebody had part exd back to BMW. BMW had sent it in to remove a grey tint from the front windscreen, the owner obviously must have had xray vision.!

As far as I know, before a date (2003 maybe?) you were allowed to tint the front windows up to 35% and then more recently it was stopped on front windows, hence the 4x4's driving around with limo black for the kids and 'clear' at the front. Never been allowed to do the windscreen except the subtle bits you see on factory stuff. IIRC the police have a light test of some sort if they need to make sure. :)

You are still allow to tint the from windows of your car. The law was changed in 2004 to reduce the amount of tint on the windows from 35% to 30%. This means that your windows must allow 70% of light through the window. This is the total and you do need to remember that car windows normally already have a slight tint on the windows.

Please see http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/newsandevents/pressreleases/2004pressreleases/21-09-04vosanowhavethepowertostopmotorists.htm for information.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_roads/documents/page/dft_roads_506860-04.hcsp#P345_19528 States that all windows must allow 70% of light through.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5197 - Tint forum with a supplier stating the new law.

Not sure what %age you had done but I know that around here a lot of police dont bother anyway

The rule of thumb is now any tint forward of the B pillers will be illegal.

The Window tinting Regulation was amended from 1st January 2004.

The Regulation states 70% of visible light must pass through the drivers windows including any other substrate fitted to the glass. Many people misunderstand the regulation and presume that 70% allows a 30% tint - It doesn't! Glass does not let in 100% of light. Clear glass only allows approximately 86% of light to pass & the slight tint of standard manufactured glass varies from the 70% maximum limit up to approx 80% of light passing through, thus any film being applied to these windows will drop the light transmissions to below the regulation limit.

Obviously there are lots of people that get away with it but that does not mean its legal - bit like speeding at 80mph