Tyre Pressures? M PS2's on GT alloys, for 'normal'

slimjim

Can anyone tell me what tyre pressure I should keep my PS2's at?

Just had them put on, can't tell you how good they are! I want to keep them in perfect nick and I am doing my first long drive tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what pressure I should keep them at? For normal - spirited driving on broads and motorways?

Thanks...

Most tyres have softer sidewalls than the stock Bridgestone's and need more pressure to support the weight and not flop around in corners.

I would start at 37psi and see how it feels. I've ended up with 38/36 front/rear on my Kumho's.

Interesting... I always assumed 35psi would be the norm for all tyres but I guess the compound will make a difference. Hadn't thought of that!

As people have said above, stuff like the FK452s will need more pressure in them to cope with the soft sidewalls so 37-38psi would be more appropriate, whereas something like the PS2s would need less. :)

Tyres like the R888s will need even less pressure in them, dropping down to 20psi isn't unreasonable although I found 22F/23R gave a nice balance for road driving.

I have only used MPS2 N1 spec exlusively on the zed for almost 3 years now and used to do 34F 35R to dial out understeer but found out that if you inflate to 34 you get 33 and 35 give 34 so now i do 35R and 36R to end up with 34/35 :thumbs:

However the ability to adjust my suspension means i have other strategies to achieve a neural ride or dial in under or oversteer ;)

I got some RO1 spec(audi RS and S cars spec) MPS2 for the front in 255/35/19 as i could not get my usual 265/30/19 and it should even perform better as it rated rated 96Y XL as opposed to 94Y XLfor the N1. The zed is heavier in front than the porkers and should be similar to the fast Audis :p

Sorry to Hijack,but with a set of 452's on 19's,what the best psi to have?

Only put them on at the weekend,and have found the ride abit fidgety,which to be honest id expected. Iv got 32 in them at the moment,but seeing people put 36-38 in 18's,what should i be putting in 19's?