Piston Heads Challenge

Trog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely gonna do this :yahoo: Its my birthday very soon so gonna treat myself :teeth:

Will finally show all you pussy's which is the fastest colour :);)

Nice one :thumbs: Few guys in my office are mad for it, so we've been on the phone to the guy at Dunsfold. Next day he's got free is 20th November. We'd probably be looking at an early spring jaunt down saaaarf. The guy says that he prefers short notice booking, cos Top Gear have priority of the track/airfield, so they can come along at any time and demand the track for the day, which means the person with the booking on that day gets bumped. :thumbdown:

I'm definitely gonna do this :yahoo: Its my birthday very soon so gonna treat myself :teeth:

Nice one :thumbs: Few guys in my office are mad for it, so we've been on the phone to the guy at Dunsfold. Next day he's got free is 20th November. We'd probably be looking at an early spring jaunt down saaaarf. The guy says that he prefers short notice booking, cos Top Gear have priority of the track/airfield, so they can come along at any time and demand the track for the day, which means the person with the booking on that day gets bumped. :thumbdown:

My birthday is the 21st so heres hoping :yahoo:

My birthday is the 21st so heres hoping :yahoo:

Get it booked mate!!! And here's hoping Clarkson doesn't have the new Koenigseggggggggggggggggg to thrash on the 20th!!

Going on the 21st, can't wait :yahoo:

Really looking forward to this :teeth:

Been wondering what sort of a time I should be aiming for though? :?: :blush:

The stig did 1:31.8 in the zed http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... s/thestig/

Obviously I'd expect to be way behind him. Ellen MacArthur did 1:46.7 in the Liana http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... lebrity01/ and being in my zed I'd expect to beat that :doh:

So should I be looking at around 1:40 ? :blush:

Obviously I'd expect to be way behind him. Ellen MacArthur did 1:46.7 in the Liana http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... lebrity01/ and being in my zed I'd expect to beat that :doh:

I'll put money on that you dont better 1:40! :p:teeth:

Not knocking your driving but unless you are a track day regular I reckon a bit of "Zed protectionism" kicks in. The risks you will take and the abuse you will give someone elses Suzuki Liana wont come close to how you treat your Zed, you will want to leave bigger gaps to the tyre walls and wont bounce off the kerbs in your Zed. (just making excuses for when I go!)

Look forward to hearing your result though. Hope you have a great day, and make sure you come back on here *immediately* to tell us how you got on. Now get out there and prove me wrong :blush:

I'll put money on that you dont better 1:40! :p:teeth:

Not knocking your driving but unless you are a track day regular I reckon a bit of "Zed protectionism" kicks in. The risks you will take and the abuse you will give someone elses Suzuki Liana wont come close to how you treat your Zed, you will want to leave bigger gaps to the tyre walls and wont bounce off the kerbs in your Zed. (just making excuses for when I go!)

Look forward to hearing your result though. Hope you have a great day, and make sure you come back on here *immediately* to tell us how you got on. Now get out there and prove me wrong :blush:

With regard to the time your probably right mate. I have no idea what a reasonable time would be :wacko:

I know what you mean though about protecting the zed though. I can already see me pussying out of a few corners! It'd be very different in someone elses car though :teeth:

Surely though, even with me easing off a tad, I should be able to beat MacArthur's time in that crappy suzuki? The best bit is that you get a DVD copy of your best lap :yahoo:

Margin is going to be tight though (if you forgive the artistic license maths below).

Stiggy beat his Liana time in the Zed by about 11 seconds and you would assume him to be pretty consistent and leaving minimal margin for error. Over a 90 second lap thats ~10% quicker.

So if you are within 10% of the stig (which in your own zed I doubt, as I said not because of your driving but because you :wub: your car!) I will regard you as a driving god! :notworthy:

Stigs time +10% = 1:40.98.

Margin is going to be tight though (if you forgive the artistic license maths below).

Stiggy beat his Liana time in the Zed by about 11 seconds and you would assume him to be pretty consistent and leaving minimal margin for error. Over a 90 second lap thats ~10% quicker.

So if you are within 10% of the stig (which in your own zed I doubt, as I said not because of your driving but because you :wub: your car!) I will regard you as a driving god! :notworthy:

The gaunlet is set :yahoo:

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be good if other members signed up so we could have a Zed Leaderboard !!!! :DB)

Would be good if other members signed up so we could have a Zed Leaderboard !!!! :DB)

Must admit to been very tempted myself Sarnie :thumbs:

Must admit to been very tempted myself Sarnie :thumbs:

Go for it mate! We can show the rest of them which is the fastest colour once and for all :teeth:B)

Nice one Sarnie! :thumbs: Enjoy yourself.

Write us a match report as soon as you can after the big day!!

PS... If you pussy-out on the follow-through, we'll disown you!!

PPS.. If you "follow-through" on the follow-through we'll also disown you!! :scare:

I'll definitely get pics up asap!!

PS: I'm sure to pussy out of most of the corners to be fair :surrender:

Don't fill up your tank before you go

I won't mate. ;)

Any other points I should take into account? Apart from 'Stay on the black stuff' :blush:

Empty your car of what ever crap you have in it, check you brake fluid and oil levels, don't forget take your handbrake off, clean your windows, take a blood roaring CD (I know your not allowed, but it helps the bravado)

:thumbs:

Good luck