Vortech- the time is coming!!!

captint

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can do the zorst (does it have to be true dual), gauges and 1 steps, but then Also have to do all the internals, as it looks like the internals will cost £10K to do alone

It doesnt have to be true dual, no. Alot of people prefer the larger diameter single systems for supercharging (nismo, etc).

I'm still debating which zorst to go for, I'm concerned with S/C, HF Cats, and a Nismo, it may be too loud, I,m still very keen on a Miltek exhaust as I know from past experience that (ecu modded) you will get a performance gain and plus they are a bit more subtle, Lomoto, did't you have one?

Yep I had one , very nice item probably better made than the Nismo :thumbs: I only swopped it because a Nismo came up at a bargain price :blush: The Millltek on reflection sounded spot on.. the Nismo is now too loud with the Hi Flo cats, induction kit, Kinetix Plenum I have fitted as well

Guest prescience
So I can do the zorst (does it have to be true dual), gauges and 1 steps, but then Also have to do all the internals, as it looks like the internals will cost £10K to do alone

It doesnt have to be true dual, no. Alot of people prefer the larger diameter single systems for supercharging (nismo, etc).

I'm still debating which zorst to go for, I'm concerned with S/C, HF Cats, and a Nismo, it may be too loud, I,m still very keen on a Miltek exhaust as I know from past experience that (ecu modded) you will get a performance gain and plus they are a bit more subtle, Lomoto, did't you have one?

Yep I had one , very nice item probably better made than the Nismo :thumbs: I only swopped it because a Nismo came up at a bargain price :blush: The Millltek on reflection sounded spot on.. the Nismo is now too loud with the Hi Flo cats, induction kit, Kinetix Plenum I have fitted as well

Bit boomy on the motorway, isn't it ;)

Bit boomy on the motorway, isn't it ;)

:teeth: He He,.. just a touch Dorian.. the only plus side is it makes me keep it below 80mph on the M1 ;)

:)

I'm not knocking the Nismo by the way, before I put the SC on it was superb, loved it. But the combination of the two made the cabin unbearable, much happier with the Invida true dual.*

* which now means I have no Nismo parts on my car... until I install the 'sport horns'!!!

:)

I'm not knocking the Nismo by the way, before I put the SC on it was superb, loved it. But the combination of the two made the cabin unbearable, much happier with the Invida true dual.*

* which now means I have no Nismo parts on my car... until I install the 'sport horns'!!!

Good luck with the horns, Steve, you nob head. ;)

Although I like the Milltek, they have not dyno'ed it on the Zed and can't tell me how it would react with a super charger, but I know they are very high quality, so I may have too suck it and see.

I'm thinking of phoning Abbey MS o Monday to book it in (As Stephen G said will be around february) so if anyone has any further feed back then please let me know

cheers

Marc

When you looking at having this done Marc? I wouldn't mind keeping track of what you have done as may well follow suit in the New Year..... ;)

Looking at February if Abbey can fit me in (as I don't think they will be able to do it sooner, I want to have it finished and dyno'ed ready for the spring so I can have a fun summer.

Also I looking at getting a set of 19's for better traction,(FI requirement) looking for a set of Black deep dishes, any ideas?

There are some reasons for putting wider tyres on a car, one of the reasons being heat dissipation, and the fact that a wider tyre is better to make low-profile than a small tyre for cornering. If you consider the grip of a tyre, or its friction to the road, friction is dependant on the weight of the car and the contact surface with the road, and the compound of the tyre ofcourse. Changing the size of the contact patch will just redistribute the weight per unit of your car, and the total amount of friction will not change.

There are some reasons for putting wider tyres on a car, one of the reasons being heat dissipation, and the fact that a wider tyre is better to make low-profile than a small tyre for cornering. If you consider the grip of a tyre, or its friction to the road, friction is dependant on the weight of the car and the contact surface with the road, and the compound of the tyre ofcourse. Changing the size of the contact patch will just redistribute the weight per unit of your car, and the total amount of friction will not change.

Unless the combination of the compund and weighting of the car makes use of that increased area surely! :wacko:

wide tyres =more grip....

narrow tyres =wheelspin.......... end of :p

Wider on the back narrow on the front, more surface area where the power is.

Also they look better and fill the arches like they should be.