Tips needed for test fitting bodykit please

Wasso

Okay lads and ladies boy and girls.....

I'll be test fitting my body kit next weekend. Are there any Do's and Dont's that should be followed with removing and fitting.

I'm looking to fit rear front and sides, so if there are any experience tips in this process I'll be most grateful.

Cheers :thumbs::)

Dry fit to make sure everything is alright before sending it off to be painted.

I'm kinda keeping the cat IN the bag at the moment with brand of kit. Although some know already it's a chargespeed rear. So I would hope the rear goes on with no issues.

I did a full dry fit on mine and used a strong gaffer tape to hold it in place whilst i marked the holes for securing it. There were a few places that were slightly off so i used some flat fiberglass sheet on the outerside to get the angle right and once dried a marker to mark out the lines. then after removing re-inforced that and filled and smoothed. One of the side skirts i had to heat at the leading end using a paint stripper heat gun to lay flat so i could secure it too. but in fairness it was only on the rear bumper where it meets the arch that it was out and i was pleasantly pleased with the fit. the process took me 3 days in total before i was happy. may be not a lot of help but thats how i found it!

Dry fit to make sure everything is alright before sending it off to be painted.

I'm kinda keeping the cat IN the bag at the moment with brand of kit. Although some know already it's a chargespeed rear. So I would hope the rear goes on with no issues.

Good luck, but if you haven't done this before I would get the bodyshop thats painting it, to do the fitting.

If you get it wrong it can make a nice kit look like a pile of poo.

without sounding rude, is it a genuine kit or a copy; and if its a copy where did you get it from?

if its genuine and a top quality kit there should be almost no fitting issues and 1 should bolt on just like the original you take off. if its not a genuine kit then its a whole different kettle of fish. (and this is from the voice of experience; i learnt a very expensive lesson :blush: )

That's a fair point at least by test fitting I can be reassured all I need to do is get it painted if it fits well. If not I know to factor in some tinkering time also!!

Just out of curiosity is it worth putting the car on axle stands to assist with removing the oem kit?

Me too. It's been 6+ months in the making, I couldn't get the front bumper I REALLY wanted or the 2nd bumper on my list purely because of cost. Although a deal came up that I couldn't refuse. I'm hoping to lower her also prior to Wales!