Privacy glass quote - seems pricey

CrumbMC

Hello everyone

I just got a quote from a company for privacy glass on my 350z ( all windows except the windscreen )

There are 2 things that i'm unsure about as ive never had tints done before.

Firstly, they would be applying film. i am a bit worried that this may peel after a while. i know its a common way of doing it but it seems a bit cheap to me. is there not a better way to do it or does the film give a good result?

Secondly, they have quoted £295. this seems awefully expensive to me considering the size of the windows. even if you say £50 for the film, which i would have thought is plenty, this is would still work out at over 8 hours at £40 per hour.

Is this a hefty quote or is this how much it costs? - i would rather spend that money on other things for the car if this is the going rate.

please only comment if you have prior experience of cost / quality.

For 5 windows, that price seems about right.

I'll not get into the complexities of the law with you, but I suggest you have a wee read up on what you can and cant put on your driver and passenger door windows ;)

i was quoted 130 and 165 from 2 diff places for all but windscreen.

the legal level of tint allowed has to allow 75% light through, so if you get this all round you may as well just burn your money as you wont really notice it, you would be much better off, imo, getting the door glass tinted darker, and putting your windows down whenever you see a police car. or just hope they arent bothered (which is unlikely)

I had all mine done last Aug at Xpresstints at Shipley nr bradford/leeds at a cost of £235

The best thin is to have the rear and both quarters black as that isnt a problem at all and your pass and drivers is down to varying options and as someone has already pointed out the legal level is 75% and is hardly noticable. the next tint down is a fine if stopped n questioned of up to £60. Any further shade darker is points on your licence. I opted for the fine shade as i think its worth the risk and to this date i have had no problems including been stopped and it not even been mentioned.

Here are my side tints and this is one shade darker than legal and a fine if a cop has had a bad day.So a risk you take.

Car1.jpg

Car2.jpg

Is that a company in Kendal bud.

yes it is mate. i thought with my car being the dark grey (gun metal?) it would look a lot nicer with darker windows. didnt expect it to be as pricey as it was, and being quite skint at the moment it may have to wait.

i was also a bit concerened about the film pealing off and looking crap. does this happen?