A little whinge and a word of caution

CaptainSensible

So driving back along the M4 last night a blooming great big rock gets flicked up into my windscreen, leaving a great big chip right in my line of vision. :angry:

Phone my insurance company last night and it is being replaced tomorrow. However because my insurance company is swift cover it means I won't get my next years no claims bonus (although I keep everything accrued so far). As far as I can see they are the only insurers that do this, so just something to bear in mind if you are going to use them.

I had the misfortune of dealing with Swiftcover for a friend who made an insurance claim last year and they were next to useless. The bodyshop they used had to take the car back 5 times to rectify faults and the communication between them and the insurer was terrible. The car then had loads of new problems when it came back which Swiftcover claimed were "normal service items" - all which were perfectly fine before the accident. In the end my friend got so fed up with Swiftcover she took the car to her local garage and asked them to find the problem. They came back with a long list of items which were now faulty and an estimate of about £1500 to fix.

After several heated calls to Swiftcover they said these things happen and because my friend couldnt prove that they were as a result of the accident then they would not cover them.

In the end my friend sold her car off to a car dealer for about 1/2 what it was worth prior to the accident as it just wasnt safe for her to drive anymore.

To make matters worse, because the accident was her fault, she lost 4 years NCB.

I would, but suspect that would cost me a lot more than the £65 excess and lost no claims bonus.

I dunno, the work yes. But the no claims might hurt you, especially if you want to change insurers as you have to tell them you have made a claim in the last 5 years

Would you need to tell the new insurer about a windscreen replacement? Hadn't realised that.

I had the misfortune of dealing with Swiftcover for a friend who made an insurance claim last year and they were next to useless. The bodyshop they used had to take the car back 5 times to rectify faults and the communication between them and the insurer was terrible. The car then had loads of new problems when it came back which Swiftcover claimed were "normal service items" - all which were perfectly fine before the accident. In the end my friend got so fed up with Swiftcover she took the car to her local garage and asked them to find the problem. They came back with a long list of items which were now faulty and an estimate of about £1500 to fix.

After several heated calls to Swiftcover they said these things happen and because my friend couldnt prove that they were as a result of the accident then they would not cover them.

In the end my friend sold her car off to a car dealer for about 1/2 what it was worth prior to the accident as it just wasnt safe for her to drive anymore.

To make matters worse, because the accident was her fault, she lost 4 years NCB.

Reading up about Swiftcover on the web this morning this doesn't seem to be an unusual case, unfortunately. I think I will be changing insurers come renewal time, only a couple of months away.

This happened to me last year I went to go through my insurance (auto glass) but it would be classed as a claim , so I just payed for it my self ( not through auto glass as there robbing b@sta*d) It only cost £120 from a little local company which is a hell of alot better that going through insurance or auto con .

I heard the same thing from a friend who's covered with Swiftcover ....

He's been waiting for about 6 months as the policy was due to end and then is planning to get the windscreen replaced through his next insurers (who definitely won't be swiftcover) ... LoL

:thumbs:

Swift is now owned by AXA thats why the online quots are so close. I just insured my 2009 350z with axa because the co-op said they don't insure zeds? Good thing about axa is they give up to 90% NCD I would be gutted because even though I had a claim last year on my pathfinder whilst with ESURE when some **** reversed into me and buggered off they still quoted me £670 comp for the z so well happy. As I am ex army I had better get some Mesh bomb shield for the front screen.

Things to be ware of. Driving behind tipper lorries. They often have a brick or lump of concreat stuck between the back tyres and when that flyes out at 60mph it will take your head off let alone the car windscreen.