A few annoyances: airbag light/speakers/rattle

womblingfree

3 things that are being a pain in my backside:

I just had my Z MOT'd, not by a Nissan dealer but a 'friend of the family'. When I picked up the car I noticed that the airbag warning light was flashing. I Googled the problem and have now re-set it. I'd like to know what this guy could have done during the MOT that would have set it off in the first place, as I'm a bit concerned he may have caused some harm.

Secondly, the speakers are playing up. Using the CD changer some CD's may only come out of one speaker, change to another and it's fine, go over a bump and it's not. Seems different for each CD. When using the radio the bass has a tendency to cut-out. All annoying, but anything I could fix myself?

Finally, there's a really annoying rattle coming from the central console where the pods are. I took a look and it seems the panel is loose. It easily pulls forward to reveal the innards. Again, anything I can do?

:shrug:

Is this the BOSE system (not all systems are bose)?

The long and short of the bose system is ... it is PANTS!

Bass drops out, CD's don't work... etc...

Do a search for RSLee, he knows lots about fixing all this, if you don't want to change the unit :)

• 4 months later...

Do you have my car? I have the same 3 issues. Airbag light came on today, I'll have a go at fixing it tomorrow. Speakers have cut out since I got the car (not long ago), but it's not a Bose. My rattle comes from the little bit of dash above where the traction button is

if by bass cutting out you mean the bose sub behind your seat is cutting in and out or poping like a blown speaker you might find that the small sub amp bolted next to the sub is faulty ,remove speaker cover remove sub and disconnect ,loosen the 2x bolts you can see nearer the seat belt side and lift off the little amp and withdraw it out the sub speaker hole ,it can then be unplugged flip it over and remove the 4 small screws to remove the black plastic case the silver covers can then be prised open and off like a book (just note for refit how they are) then look on the circuit board for a small grey box (which is a relay) near the back next you could try flipping it over and reflowing the 5 solder joints which affix it to the board but i have found that does not allways have the desired effect but however if you then find a very strong piece of adehsive backed foam and cut to the size of the top of the relay the firmer the better and stick it on top ,it needs to be raised higher than the level of the silver covers so that when you replace them it effectivly pushes down hard on the relay if you then screw it all back together it will be permanantly under firm pressure ,refit the lot and 9 times out of 10 it will cure the problem sub will work without issue ......let me know :thumbs:

The Bose issue with only one speaker working was the exact same issue I had when I purchased my Zed. I searched on here to see what the exact problem was, as R35LEE has said it pointed to the loose ribbon cable issue. Someone said that give the side of the unit ( where the knee rest things are ) a good thump so to speak.... all I can say it worked for me and have had no problems since :teeth:

Airbag light will come on if the connector under either seat has been knocked.

Check the connectors and THEN reset :)

+1

My airbag light has come on a couple of times usually after moving the passenger seat about. A quick fiddle with the connectors underneath and a reset and it disappears again.