OBDII reader - any suggestions?

Nolan

I'm sure there are some better ones out there but I went for one of these a while ago: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELM-327-1-4a-Blue ... 513wt_1139

I can't complain for the money. Came with software and a bluetooth dongle for my laptop. Reads and resets error codes, does logging, displaying various parameters (although not all)

If you have an Android phone or Iphone with buetooth, you can download an app called 'Torque' (for free) and do all of the above from your phone aswell.

:thumbs:

I doubt it will work on jdm cars... nothing does unless its the Nissan Consort.(its called something like that anyway) I have not found one that works having bought several ones that are under £100......BUT there is one for free and it comes with the car...It does work too, sorry but you will have the search here for the link to how to do it but trust me there is no point spending a penny on a reader when you can read and reset the codes with the inbuilt one. :thumbs:

i bought the same but wired for about half the price. Must say very pleased with it. Had a problem reading an older 3 series diesel but everything else has been fine.

And old 3 series diesel will be EOBD most likely. (Same as my coupe), so a OBD2 reader wont be able to correctly read it.