Tuning the 350Z to use unleaded fuel

Mark@Abbey m/s

I've tried to be a bit softer with the car this week and got 23mpg on the super, so 1mpg better. My journey is half steep hill country lanes and half motorway with lots of traffic. If I drove like miss daisy I could get more, but thats not the point, the point was comparing the two fuels.

She does feel livelier tho, as I said so I'll prob stick with super.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, four weeks in with the Z and been putting in SUL the whole time except at the weekend when the garage only had UL.

I don't like the word 'detonation' and it seems to be associated with UL...

If I have stuck UL in, and, the possibility that the previous owner may have used unleaded, will the car need a remap?

The car will default to the HIGH detonation map on part throttle but at full throttle there isnt any detonation controlif you fill with UNLEADED fuel.

Working on get my UK car back to totally stock then providing a map for UK unleaded fuel. I hope to be able to provide a postal service for this service on DE (276bhp) car. Send me the email I will upload the map and send the ECU back. Car will need to be totally stock thou for this to work.