HTC and Bluetooth

rob63

I've a HTC Smart phone and I'm experiencing problems in connecting to the cars Bluetooth system, the phone tells me 'connection made and paired' and the car goes to phone mode when I attempt to dial but nothing after that. No problems with my old Nokia...

I've done search for this but no joy, can anyone offer any advice please?

I also have a HTC Desire and have a problem. It used to connect but now it doesn't. It says its paired & connected to phone audio but cannot get anything. The Bose used to say Phone when it connected but don't even get that now. On the advice of Rich I unpaired the phone & then paired again, still nothing :angry:

Mine is upto date. I have wondered if the last update had something to do with my problems but cannot remember if everything was ok at that time. Oh thnking about, it my problem started quite a time ago, but there might have been an update back then.

I also have a HTC Desire and have a problem. It used to connect but now it doesn't. It says its paired & connected to phone audio but cannot get anything. The Bose used to say Phone when it connected but don't even get that now. On the advice of Rich I unpaired the phone & then paired again, still nothing :angry:

Sorry for the delay in the follow up on this...I got married in between my origainal post and this reply!

My phone is the HTC Smart, I sent it away for repair as it wouldn't connect and was running so slow. As the above post from Maccaman the Bose says 'Phone' but will not connect, no sound no nothing! I'm close to giving up on it and putting it in the bin. I've no problems with other peoples phones...

My phone is the HTC Smart, I sent it away for repair as it wouldn't connect and was running so slow.

That model uses the obscure "Brew" OS rather than Android so can't really be compared to the other HTCs.

It also has a very slow processor so you're probably better off ditching it for something more mainstream and widely supported.

I must confess that i have not tried my htc since a update about 2 weeks ago :wacko:

I will give it ago in the morning and report back :thumbs:

Did you check it out?

OK just gone to my car and my Desire works fine with the latest update

:thumbs::thumbs:

I find that my HTC Bluetooth disconnects when it comes into range of a wireless lan (May be limited to BT Openzone). This happens on all my cars (all 2 of them) so it's definitely a phone problem. It means that I have to turn off the wlan every time that I get in the car which is a bit of a pain.

My phone is the HTC Smart, I sent it away for repair as it wouldn't connect and was running so slow.

That model uses the obscure "Brew" OS rather than Android so can't really be compared to the other HTCs.

It also has a very slow processor so you're probably better off ditching it for something more mainstream and widely supported.

Thanks for all the info offered, ditched the HTC yesterday and bought a couple of (his 'n hers) Nokia N8's. No problems at all now.