Insurance Quotes

limby

Im paying £860, im 22 with 3yrs no claims With Bell.co.uk. Thats with a £250 excess and all the legal cover

I got raped :rant: im 22, 4yrs no claims, 3 points £2500 for the year full comp

Def trying Bell in 5months time

Fook me!!! :scare:

I fort that was good to :wacko:

My friend 21 paid over 4k on his EXIGE. i fort he got raped!

When I was 18 I paid £1500 a year, third party ONLY for an Astra GTE!! That wasn't even fire and theft. :scare: I used to take the engine apart every night in case it got nicked.

With regards to Bell, I used them for years until I got some speeding points and then they gave me a right royal shafting. (was £500 and went up to a grand with 6 points). Barstewards. That was with 11 years NCB too. Bell are good unless you have points. Best quote I got for the zed was with First Alternative. £680 for 30yo 9points kept on the street in a Glasgow postcode. Thought that was really good considering the car and my dubious speeding record.

Just been having a check round the 'net and the cheapest im getting is from sainsburys bank!

They quoted me £857 with no claims priotection. (27yrs, 9yr NCD in Manchester). They are a good £300 cheaper than bell came in at.

Can't vouch for the service though, heard bad things about Tesco insurance when you come to make a claim. Not that Tesco = Sainsburys but you see the link :p

Lugger

similar age and no claims, so tried rac, they quoted me £732.86 :scare:

think i'll stick with elephant.co.uk £494.32 :)

Just PRAY you never have to deal with any type of claim or anything with them!! All three of ours are and I will never touch them again, even if it means paying twice as much elsewhere!

It also depends on what you want to do with the car, are you leaving it standard or going to be modding in anyway at all?

Reason??

I spoke to Admiral about insuring the Z, got a decent quote of £550 but they wouldn't replace the GT pack even tho it's a Nissan optional extra, they wouldn't touch any of the other mods I had either (see below).

Anyway, I spoke to Adrian Flux and got my car insured for £750, this covers all of the mods (including the Nismo exhaust) as well as the GT pack, the claims department have been great (car got ran into at the 3 week old point) and I got the car back within 2 weeks.

Whilst I agree that Adrian Flux can be bad, for a modded car owner they were great.

Just a shame that more of the mainstream companies don't realise that the car comes in more than one flavour (non gt pack).

Lugger

similar age and no claims, so tried rac, they quoted me £732.86 :scare:

think i'll stick with elephant.co.uk £494.32 :)

Just PRAY you never have to deal with any type of claim or anything with them!! All three of ours are and I will never touch them again, even if it means paying twice as much elsewhere!

yeah fingers crossed i'll not have to use um, if they really are that bad :scare:

A mate of mine was with Elephant and the hassle he had cancelling his insurance with them was unbelievable!!

Yeah, mine was them threatening to cancel mine, for no reason at all. Threatened me with police and legal action and then sent the most grovelling letter you've ever seen. I've also referred them to the Financial Ombudsman twice - and won. :teeth: