Satnav Solution - any ideas?

oliver789

Hi,

I know that there are a fair number of threads about install satnavs in Zeds but I just wanted to see what you guys think to this.

Basically, I just want to put only a satnav (not a entertainment unit) in the dash (the bit that opens out). the reason being is that if I have an entertainment unit then it would take all the rewiring to the sound system and also make my original BOSE radio redundent, and I don't like the idea of having a radio that is useless just sitting there.

is it possible to just buy a satnav unit to fit my Zed, if so what kind of price am I looking at and how easy are they to install.

Just want to hear you ideas and thoughts.

Thanks

Iv got a navman unit in my cubby connected to the battery (fitted by an auto electrician not me :lol: ) unit only cost 125, fits perfectly, thought we would have to bolt it in but it just sits tight when pushed back and looks quite neat :thumbs:

31052009089.jpg

Got my unit in the cubby hole too, fairly straight forward to do as well. Most well known systems are fairly good nowadays although I have had issues with Tom Tom in rental cars before. Generally, any systems with Navteq mapping are considered better from an accuracy point of view. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I'm a Garmin man, they have been building navigation equipment forever - look on most boats etc and you will find Garmin equipment - software is pretty intuitive as well.

I want to do this when I eventually buy a 350...seems like a fairly straightforward job?