Tomorrows the Day

Ian

Tomorrow is Zed day :teeth:

Just been out for a final rag in the Cupra. Felt a lot quicker and pulled a lot harder now that its at the standard 180bhp than at the modified 210bhp. After 15months it still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it, After parking up tonight it looked fantastic in the streetlights :D

Definatly going to miss the car but that will all be forgotten once I collect the Zed tomorrow. Dont think ill be getting much sleep tonight though - ill probably be playing TDU again, just cruising around in my GM 350 :teeth:

Really looking forward to getting my Zed now, shame I cant get to the garage until 11ish in the morning :rant:

Good luck mate, i think you'll enjoy it.

My mate has a focus RS that i borrow now and then which will be similar to the cupra i guess, whenever i get into the RS i turn into a right loon. The way it handles and revs are shockingly different. The Z definatley requires more of your attention when pushing on but thats what i enjoy about the car. U'll certainly enjoy the pose factor you get with the Z B)

Im sure ill enjoy it. A few hours to go now :teeth:

What did you think of the focus? It was one of the cars I was tempted to get last year but they were going for silly money at the time, A mate of mine is looking to get a turbo car next year sometime so would be good to hear what you thought of it

Was at the Garage for 3hours this morning :rant:. Car had an MOT yesterday but the MOT machine in the garage was broken so it had to be done this morning at a different garage :rant:. Then they were washing it and took it to get petrol. Not done a lot of miles in it yet, will be going out in it later to fill it up with optimax and to pick up a few things from tesco. Annoyed at the time I had to spend waiting for the car after I told them id be there for 11 but got the car now and still smiling loads :teeth: Got a few pics of it but ill get some decent ones tomorrow or sunday and get them up then :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Glad you've finally got your car! nows the time to start enjoying it.

regards focus: The performance of this car was for me pretty shocking in a good way. It has loads of grip and handles really well even on worn tyres. The LSD is pretty fierce and really pulls you out of bends unlike any other FWD car i've driven but the downside is that it does torquesteer alot. It doesn't bother me too much, maybe makes me alittle edgy at the very most, you just have to make sure you grip the steering wheel quite hard. On track this thing would be tons of fun. as with most turbo cars you've got to keep the turbo on song if your pushing on as theirs not much pull before the turbo's kicked in making it alittle tricky with the AP clucth to set off from a standstill. I personally like the looks and think it looks like a under-rated rally slag. It isn't as flashy as the new focus ST or VXR but you can use that to your advantage as most people dismiss it as a run of the mill focus. The engine starter button although looks good is abit of a gimmick as you still have to put the key in the ignition. + points: Good brakes, nice power (not much slower than a Z, pos quicker round tighter stuff) Great handling, some underated looks. - points: Didnt like driving position felt like i was driving a bus as the seat is high up, steering wheel too fat at 2-10 and 3-9 positions making me move hands into awquard positions to grasp wheel, noisy diff above 60mph, lack of power below 3k.

Good luck with the Zed.. :yahoo:

I also have a REVO chipped Cupra, and you may not feel the same kick in the Zed, but it is a deceptive car. I was in my Cupra one day and chased a guy in a Zed down a country road. It was easy to keep up initially, but he soon left me behind as the zed is just so much better round the bends - in a different league :#1:

The Zed is definatley deceptive. It doesnt feel quicker than the Cupra but it is so much smoother. When I was driving home from the garage I was crusig at about 85 and it felt like I was doing about 50. In the Cupra you know your doing those kind of speeds but it was so relaxed in the Zed. Just need to get used to having a 6th gear and to use it a bit more.