EU Road Trip

jub

I am off to Greece and back 12th of April till middle mate. In the Zed that is.

France quieter motorways, german deristricted. italy autostrada tarmac smooth as a baby's ass. driving the stalvio pass on the way back middle of may. also from milan to monaco the route is fantastic and i ve driven round brittany too...Ace! but look for hidden gendam...;)

some awesome roads in germany too if you head towards the black forest :)

I am off to Greece and back 12th of April till middle mate. In the Zed that is.

France quieter motorways, german deristricted. italy autostrada tarmac smooth as a baby's ass. driving the stalvio pass on the way back middle of may. also from milan to monaco the route is fantastic and i ve driven round brittany too...Ace! but look for hidden gendam...;)

some awesome roads in germany too if you head towards the black forest :)

Was up Stelvio last June, it was only just clear of snow!! There's a web cam on the net somewhere for Stelvio, might be worth checking it out first ;)

Looking to go back to around The Gorge du Verdun area or closer to the coast possibly, in the first fortnight in August. Mrs wants to go on a cruise, but I've nearly convinced her that, like uncle Albert from Only Fools, our ship is liable to sink :lol:

I would move there in a minute, if funds allowed B)

I usually get my way :teeth:

Absolutely stunning mate, the Gorge is a must do before you die road ;) If you time it right, around 7 in the evening, it'll be empty, no camper vans, fookin euro boxes, mopeds or milk carts :lol: We stayed at a village called Le Salles sur Verdun for a week last year, it was great, locals were really friendly.

We managed to hit the Gorge road on the way back up from Monte Carlo at 7ish, fookin wow!!! On the south side, it is stunning, all the apex's are visible for long stretches and you can have some serious fun, even my mrs was egging me on!! B)

On reflection I would ideally like to hire a Gite in Moustier San Marie, prettier than a prettier thing at a pretty thing convention ;) At Castellane, you can hit the Route Napoleon and blitz south to Monaco if you wanted, or take the time to go to a little village called Gourdon, best lunch I've ever had was there :)

That whole region was made for sports cars, and although I did it in a Rex last year, the Zed would be comparable for enjoyment :thumbs:

When you heading down?

The roads are magic... I lived in Grasse for 15 years. :thumbs:

Once you move away from the coast there are miles of stunning roads to drive on.

Look for Chateauneuf to gourdon (11th century fort). (Top Gear road)

The route Napoleon is empty most of the time if you go in April - May or after September.

If you go in the summer the traffic can be bad on the cote d' Azur. The coast road from

St. Tropez to Cannes and Antibes is brutal from June to the beginning of August.

Monaco is very near and the views are spectacular.

The mountain roads near Isola 2000 and Auron are not for the faint hearted. :teeth:

Worst mistake of my life was leaving there. :doh:

For most of the sport d'glisse, it's a great place to be based.

You'll have a better experience is you can speak a bit of french.