Missing Boot Tools?

ScottyZ

I've just picked up my new 370Z GT and have noticed in the boot area some empty spaces in the polystyrene where I assume some tools should be. The tools I've got are Continental air compressor and tyre sealent,recovery hook,wrench and locking wheel nut and thats it. Is there anything missing? It just seems like there are loads of empty spaces in the polystyrene mouldings where I assume tools should be.

Cheers,

Scotty

Nope that its!

In other countries other tools are mandated. So far we have worked out that other countries may have a jack, a pair of pliers and a few other random bits and pieces that I cant remember. In the UK we get a pump, tire-weld, lock nut key, tow hook and I think a wheel nut wrench/breaker bar (cant remember if the last one is there or not).

As I've got the roadside recovery and don't do much milage I've decided to lose the wrench and towing hook which meant there was then no need for the side boot mouldings they sat in. This still left the large central moulding to house the Compressor,Sealent and Locking wheel nut key.

Total weight saving= 1.8kg

Now that's what you call OCD :scare:

• 3 weeks later...

Get anything other than a basic puncture and the gel will not work so for peace of mind I have a spare (350 spacesaver) and jack/handle that fit in the spaces provided and the Bose unit fits neatly inside the spacesaver. Spacers needed at front to clear the larger 370 calipers but as I have these to give the car a better stance - job done there :thumbs:

Yeah, it adds a bit more weight but peace of mind, especially if in a weak mobile signal area, matters more to me.

Get anything other than a basic puncture and the gel will not work so for peace of mind I have a spare (350 spacesaver) and jack/handle that fit in the spaces provided and the Bose unit fits neatly inside the spacesaver. Spacers needed at front to clear the larger 370 calipers but as I have these to give the car a better stance - job done there :thumbs:

Yeah, it adds a bit more weight but peace of mind, especially if in a weak mobile signal area, matters more to me.

Colin,

Where did you get the spacesaver, was it from a dealer?

Cheers

Colin,

Where did you get the spacesaver, was it from a dealer?

Cheers

From another member on here who had sold his car and chucked out out his spare in favour of some mega ICE set up.

I'm sure there will be other 350 owners out there with spacesavers taking up room in their garages.......... ;)