Squeel/rattle after changing auxiliary belts

Nuno

I had my auxiliary belts changed and now I am getting a squeel/rattle type noise. This wasnt present before. I got them done by an independant garage and the mechanic did mention that the tensioner on the idle pulley was seized that caused some problems while changing them, whether this has any significance or not. Does anyone know what the likely causes can be?

Thanks for the help guys :thumbs:

I did mine myself and its dead easy. There are to tensioners in the bottom to slacken ad get the belts off and repeat the process. The zed has the ability to auto tension if its slack, must have been pretensioned too tight :shrug:

check and make sure the belt is tracking true on the ribs. Why did you not change both at the sametime :bangin:

Zmanalex may have more trouble shooting ideas but go back to the grease monkey who nstalled it and share your concern :p

Interesting I've got exactly the same thing after having mine changed at Abbey at the weekend. Strangely enough it only happens when the engine is warm. Mine is like a belt groan when pulling away from stationary. I've pm'd Mark last night to find out what needs to be done?

When I get a response I'll post up to provide a solution.

Well after talking to Abbey today over the phone whilst being guided to the tensions they believe my belts are fine. Yet it doesn't quite add up. Strange thing is it didn't make the groaning sound tonight so I'm a tad perplexed.

Basically the thinest lower down belt must be able to twist 90 degrees. The thicker belt should twist no more than 5mm.

Test and see what happens?