Removing Centre Tunnel

spursmaddave

Been looking for a while but can't find this :wacko:

Lots of guides to remove the centre console and rear speakers but not the centre tunnel in the middle :surrender:

I want to remove the centre tunnel so I can get to my Armrest Cubby, is it just a case of removing the screw under the ashtray and the 2 screws on each side of the tunnel behind the seat?

Cheers

Dave

Its held in by the screw in the ashtray, 2 at the rear (one each side by the seats) and 2 at the front on the centre console/dash (need to remove gear stick surround). You can get it off without removing the handbrake, but its a PITA.

You know, the bottom of the armrest cubby is just stuck down with tape - certainy was in my MY03 car. If you remove everything from in there, if you have the phone cradle, you can remove that and then just yank the "floor" of it off and it will get you access to where the BT module is. Not got loads of space, but if you are just wanting access to run cables etc, it gives you enough room.

if you have a stock handbrake if you pull it on as vertical as possible it isnt difficult. depends on how tensioned your handbrake cable is though...

This is true. You can also slacken it off via the adjuster under the ashtray, but its not a one man job to set it back after. I never managed to get my trim over the handbrake as it was always set properly by WLMG so wouldnt go anywhere near vertical ;)

Cheers guys and I spotted the 2 screws at the front once I took the centre console off Ian ;)

Just took my Nardi cover off and then managed to get what I wanted done without messing about with the handbrake :thumbs:

My problem was that I wanted digital radio but my Pioneer HU only had an Aux in on the front as the rear was taken up by my iPod... I didn't want a cable hanging out the front of the HU so I managed to find a 3.5mm minjack to a female iPod connector (not easy to find) and now I have a Pure Highway in my cubby and iPod still in the armrest but now with the option of iPod or digital radio :yahoo:

I did try the easy option with the FM transmitter but it sounded like someone farting in a bath :surrender:

if you have a stock handbrake if you pull it on as vertical as possible it isnt difficult. depends on how tensioned your handbrake cable is though...

This is true. You can also slacken it off via the adjuster under the ashtray, but its not a one man job to set it back after. I never managed to get my trim over the handbrake as it was always set properly by WLMG so wouldnt go anywhere near vertical ;)

yeah mine came off fine before falcon got hold of it :lol:

Cheers guys and I spotted the 2 screws at the front once I took the centre console off Ian ;)

Just took my Nardi cover off and then managed to get what I wanted done without messing about with the handbrake :thumbs:

My problem was that I wanted digital radio but my Pioneer HU only had an Aux in on the front as the rear was taken up by my iPod... I didn't want a cable hanging out the front of the HU so I managed to find a 3.5mm minjack to a female iPod connector (not easy to find) and now I have a Pure Highway in my cubby and iPod still in the armrest but now with the option of iPod or digital radio :yahoo:

I did try the easy option with the FM transmitter but it sounded like someone farting in a bath :surrender:

:p