Hub, spacer question

JetSet

Just fitted my new wheels, had to remove the spacers to get them on, thought they were the wrong type, but I've just realized that the problem almost certainly is that the hub nuts protrude out through the spacers and its that that's preventing the wheels from fitting. The wheels look a bit lost under the arches, so can you get shorter hub bolts? If so what sort of a job is it to fit them, what tools do you need? Any help much appreciated :thumbs:

Thanks,

Pete

Having read through several posts on other car forums it looks to be a common problem with hubcentric spacers and after market wheels. It would seem that the easiest option is to get the bolts shortened so they're flush to the spacer, only need shortening by a few mm's but won't be attempting it myself.

Pete

• 1 month later...
:) Hiya, i had the same problem with my previous car, mercedes slk 230, put on aftermarket wheels, and even though the spacers were Eibach imports, the guys had to cut down the bolts by 3mm. They did'nt do it lightly, they had to phone head honcho to approve!! Anyhow, it can be done, just make sure you buy GOOD Tuv parts.

• 2 weeks later...

exactly as has been mentioned above, its not common, but some wheels dont have the same recess in between holes as the rays do on the rear face of the wheels. so far not had anyone complain about it on any i have supplied over the year and a half