Thinking about a second car

SteveW

Well with petrol prices getting crazy and the fact I've started seeing someone who has a child I think I need a second car because there is no way I'm selling my zed! :boxing:

Basically want something cheap to buy, cheap to run (i.e. diesel), falls into the bottom tax brackets so its like £30 for the year. Looking at around 2.5K.

I have seen a few clio diesels 1.5L that seem to do 60 - 70 MPG. cheap tax and less than 2.5k.

Are there any other options I am missing?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks folks hadn't considered a fiesta or 106 I'll have a look.

I reckon by getting a second car at worst case I'll be saving £70 a month :thumbs:

Probably more when you include service costs of the Zed etc, tyre and brake wear, I can then just have the zed for weekends and trackdays which will hopefully make the insurance cheaper

saving even more.

Its crazy how running two cars can be cheaper than 1 :wacko:

Go for a 125 scooter :scare: I know I know.......but 120 mpg and can pick em up for less than 1k. Nip through any traffic and still good for 60mph.

After getting rid of my 'proper' bike last year I'll definitely be getting some form a two wheels for the weekly commute.

Save a fortune :thumbs:

I wouldnt go near a 106, use to have a 106 XSi and it was rubbish, sister had a 106 1.5d and apart from being one of the slowest cars ive ever driven it was rubbish.

I'd also look at a Grande Punto 1.3 multijet, a little over budget but really nice cars. The 1.9 sporting was on my short list.