The search begins... and anyone near Gatwick?

TimFF

It followed a Rover 2000 which rusted away as you looked at it, and a Chevrolet Caprice Estate which wouldn't fit through width barriers but didn't notice towing an 18' speedboat - the car was longer...

I got the Scimitar bug then, and had one for 21 years before lack of use and lack of spare time persuaded me to sell it.

I guess the Zed can be seen as a slightly more compact GTE!

Rover 2000 - the Bionic Dog as the "joke" used to go - revolutionary in its time.

GTE - now you're talking. Amazingly, in the last 10 days I have seen 2 GTCs, the much rarer soft top version - one of them was parked at the top of Reigate Hill. I am not sure I have seen 2 in the previous 20 years.

I think you will love the Z.

Management would prefer blue (Midnight or Azure), and as we already have a silver / grey Cooper S it looks a bit like we're stuck in a rut...

I was sat at some traffic lights last weekend and realised that I was the car in the middle of a noughts and crosses box (if you see what I mean) and all 9 cars were silver.

If we approach lease car return without having found what we'd like then the choice does in indeed widen if we include silver / grey.

That car has been on sale for a while but I'm sure that at first it was priced much higher hence it's reduction to £13k.

• 3 weeks later...

Parked outside the house now is what was until midday an immaculately clean Midnight Blue GT coupe.

Sadly the pouring rain, subsequent monstrous puddles and several roads where Farmer Giles seemed intent on moving his field onto the tarmac has put paid to the hard work the previous keeper had put into preparing it for sale... Glad I wasn't on the bike though!

I will post some pics soon but I don't have an underwater camera.

I did manage to extend it's legs a couple of times but all in all it was a pretty cautious 50 miles or so. Management didn't actually see this before purchase but has since heartily approved of the colour, but has insisted we change the rego as it's YCK... Literally.

And the original spec I listed was achieved in a pretty short period of time. And now for the iPod Bose hack so I don't have to resort to digging out the CDs once more...

A very happy TimFF!