selling my 350 roadster for a monaro !!

Mitch

Hi , i've been looking at the vauxhall monaro's n quite fancy one :p , does anyone know of anyone who own's or owned one n if they liked it ? n if they suffer any faults ?? top gear gave the :thumbs::D ,

But didn't they give the :thumbdown: to the 350z?? :scare:

yes

but then

who cares?

they said the same about the new type R, but the offical topgear line from the magazine (not clarkson) was that its a great car.

clarkson states opinions not facts; but some people can;t tell the difference between the 2

http://www.hsv.org.uk

Go introduce yourself there :thumbs:

The search function sucks a**e, but if you ask questions, people will answer them.

The monaro comes in a few different guises, and 2 engins - 5.7 LS1 or the 6.0 LS2.

Ive got the VXR8, so not 100% certain about differences or problems.

Do you live anywhere near Malton?

The Pistonheads breakfast meet is there in April, and there are a number of the HSV lot taking a run up. My mate James has a supercharged VXR 'ro, and its a hell of a beast. There'll be a few standard CV8's and VXR's there too.

Hi Lexx , it's the 5.7 i've seen in grey look's really nice ,says it's got a bulletproof gearbox so made me wonder if they suffer gearbox problems ? yes i'm going to the breakfast meet in april in the zed could be a good place to advertise mine for sale :D as don't live far from malton missed it last year sounds a good day n hopefully be able to chat to some monaro owners if they attend are you going ? cheers michelle :thumbs:

Hi Lexx , it's the 5.7 i've seen in grey look's really nice ,says it's got a bulletproof gearbox so made me wonder if they suffer gearbox problems ? yes i'm going to the breakfast meet in april in the zed could be a good place to advertise mine for sale :D as don't live far from malton missed it last year sounds a good day n hopefully be able to chat to some monaro owners if they attend are you going ? cheers michelle :thumbs:

I should be there, but God alone knows if I'll be in the R8 or not. *shakes head in despair*

I remember now that you should have been there last October. Me and Nixy were looking for you.

They can develop some gear box issues when people start trying to put mega power through them. Generally they are pretty sound.

If the car you look at has any service history from "Monkfish Performance" you can guarentee its a pretty solid car. They know their stuff down there.

I should be there, but God alone knows if I'll be in the R8 or not. *shakes head in despair*

I remember now that you should have been there last October. Me and Nixy were looking for you.

They can develop some gear box issues when people start trying to put mega power through them. Generally they are pretty sound.

If the car you look at has any service history from "Monkfish Performance" you can guarentee its a pretty solid car. They know their stuff down there.

Why you shake your head in despair what's up with your R8 ??? yeah i wasn't too well for the meet in oct had the deli bellies lol , are the bacon butties nice : ) gino was suppose to go too but think he had a hangova lol , yeah seen monkfish mentioned a lot will look out for it on it's S/H , think it will be fast enough for me without mod'n the engine :lol: where abts will you be coming from up north or darn sarth :)

lexx's baby decided to go freestyle on him and is now being nursed back to health.

OH Heck !!! did he think he was a contestant on dancing on ice !!! :lol:

Nope, that was a fortnight before. :surrender:

oh dear not good hope he get's it sorted , do you know when oulton mod live show is martin mite be my last show with the zed :thumbdown:

Oh yeah, who am I going to rob now?!? :shrug:

Low blow with the trophy, I was only rushing home to see the missus after a tiff and ended up getting dumped instead of a trophy!! :lol::rant::bang::bangin::blackeye:

lol chesterfield n madmarky have iphones i'm sure they will accomodate your need's :p NOOOOO excuses you had already been in the arena being judged n came out trophy'less :lol: you mite win if i don't turn up :thumbs::thumbs::lol:

Yeah Mitch, I span my R8 back in December. Bent the rear suspension, shattered an alloy.

Still not got the car back as the VX dealer the car is at were useless. But making progress now, and just waiting on parts coming from Oz.

I'll be coming from up North to the Malton meet.

Yeah Mitch, I span my R8 back in December. Bent the rear suspension, shattered an alloy.

Still not got the car back as the VX dealer the car is at were useless. But making progress now, and just waiting on parts coming from Oz.

I'll be coming from up North to the Malton meet.

oh no , you were lucky that you didn't get hurt as we don't repair as easy as car's do , hope you get it sorted very soon , so are all the parts only available from Oz as my mitshubishi manga was an austrailian import n struggled with parts n expensive too lol , look forward to meeting you n fellow zed owners if a few are attending think olly will be there again with his super noisey zed :lol:

ro's are much more common in the UK, so there is a vast variety of parts in stock. And a number of them have climbed trees over the years so 2nd parts are easy to come by too.

As for my R8....only 550 ish of them imported to the UK. Some parts are kept in stock, but I need a new diff subframe which isnt in stock in UK or Europe.