370z BHP

vern

I've noticed quite a few of the adverts for later 370z stating '328' model.

I have one of the original brochures for the car quoting the HP figure at 331 PS (in old money approx 326bhp)

I looked at my log book and checked the KW figure and converted this back and this confirms the HP on my model as 331 PS

Have they reduced the HP on the latest models coming off the production line to 328 PS?

Autotrader were also stating a slight reduction of 2lbs/ft of torque for these models as well.

Sorry if this question has been raised before!

No changes that I know of. I think there was a slight tweak to the mapping for new Euro immissions but that was before the Zed even made it to the UK. Perhaps the MY2010 model had another tweak. I've heard all sorts quoted, 331PS, 332HP, 328HP, 326HP. I think its all down to someone not converting it properly or taking actual numbers they've somehow measured.

I wouldnt worry about it, its not even 1% power difference! Plus, get a exhaust and remap and you're laughing, 20HP+ easily :#1: (upto 40HP if you get decats too!)

No changes that I know of. I think there was a slight tweak to the mapping for new Euro immissions but that was before the Zed even made it to the UK. Perhaps the MY2010 model had another tweak. I've heard all sorts quoted, 331PS, 332HP, 328HP, 326HP. I think its all down to someone not converting it properly or taking actual numbers they've somehow measured.

I wouldnt worry about it, its not even 1% power difference! Plus, get a exhaust and remap and you're laughing, 20HP+ easily :#1: (upto 40HP if you get decats too!)

How come the 370Z responds so well to mods ? 40+ bhp for a 350Z would require some major modifications.

VVEL will play most part in this IMO. Besides that the 370z engine isnt much different to being a big 350z HR engine from what I understand. BUT the 370z has 2 sets of cats, and aftermarket exhausts remove these, so make the engine much free-er flowing. The ECU is also adaptive but in a good way, unlike the 350z.

I think part of it is its just better designed to produce more power and de-tuned to get it work better in different climates and meeting various emissions rules. Which once tuned means you get all the power back that it was first designed to deliver - as at stock they run very rich for some reason.