nismo front bumper

max

there's a lot of drawbacks:

1- most common bumper apart from oem

2- fibreglass

3- needs paintshielding (again)

If it's cheap enough (and being on here I predict it won't be...) I could keep it for winter. Could be one of the few bumpers that doesn't give me too much grief wrt clearance, though. I'm not going out to buy a specific Nismo bumper though, full price. A nice to have, nothing more :)

PS it's funny how Bap reads things I never said and then tries to twist them! :lol: thread here, and i dare bap to point me where I said the Nismo kit looks chav.

thread here

blacked out rear lights thread

Do you double dare me???

ner ner neh ner ner!:p

Ok, if you want to split hairs, when you read it, i say the black rear lights look chav and dont belong on a zed, you then come back and say 'and a nismo kit does' to me that puts it in the same context as what im saying about the lights.

Also, how can it not belong on a zed, it was designed by Nissan for it!

You were just being awkward, because I said the lights looked chav, and the fact that your now bidding on a bumper that you dont think belongs on the zed (whether that is because it is chav or not), backs that up!

I have a few on the radar but all seem to have some issues :dry:

Vertex (fibreglass) (no paintshield pattern)

Nismo V2 style(tech group buy) seems rather low (and need to check quality of the ABS copies) (no paintshield pattern)

not many more I like tbh :dry: I might just repair my front lip and only use it for shows (and not drives, like when I ended up in Glyn's field ' :lol:)

I think people are a bit too hung up on paintsheilds. The reaons they are required on the Z is due to the crap paint. If you get a bumper sprayed by a bodyshop they 'should' do a proper job of it and get a good 2-3 layers of paint on there which will stand up much better.

After a couple years you could get the bumper and bonnet resprayed for less than the cost of paintsheild

Ok, if you want to split hairs, when you read it, i say the black rear lights look chav and dont belong on a zed, you then come back and say 'and a nismo kit does' to me that puts it in the same context as what im saying about the lights. Nope, it was a question to you, then I cited a Latin way of saying that you must have not known/understood that meant "do not dispute other people's tastes", or "each to their own" . What you should have read into it was, in your opinion blacked out lights make a Z chav, while a Nismo kit doesn't (as you have it on your car). In other people's eyes, a Nismo kit can look as chav, if not worse. hence my "each to their own" comment (which you didn't grasp)

Actually, it was designed for a Gran Turismo series (PS2 game) and Nissan liked it and decided to produce it.

You were just being awkward, because I said the lights looked chav, and the fact that your now bidding on a bumper that you dont think belongs on the zed (whether that is because it is chav or not), backs that up!

again, apart from the fact that I am not bidding on anything, you got it all wrong, for the above reasons i just mentioned. My mentioning a nismo kit in the previous thread only was to make you realise that what you like (or choose to do) might not be to other people's likings, and they might even see it as chav.

I think people are a bit too hung up on paintsheilds. The reaons they are required on the Z is due to the crap paint. If you get a bumper sprayed by a bodyshop they 'should' do a proper job of it and get a good 2-3 layers of paint on there which will stand up much better.

After a couple years you could get the bumper and bonnet resprayed for less than the cost of paintsheild

I've had personal experience of my first front lip sprayed to perfection being completely covered in stone chips in the first week or so. I dread to think what a FRP bumper would look like after a month! Maybe I'm just a perfectionist, but FRP and front parts of the car do not go well together

Whether its FPR, Wood, plastic, carbon etc makes no difference in terms of how much it chiped. Its the paintwork that affects it. Crap paint and no matter what you have it will chip. Good paint and the amount of chipping you get is much less.

Sounds like the the bumper you had done wasn't done properly if it got scratched up that quickly. That said its better to give paint around a month to cure fully (you would want to do that before paintsheilding too

Whether its FPR, Wood, plastic, carbon etc makes no difference in terms of how much it chiped. Its the paintwork that affects it. Crap paint and no matter what you have it will chip. Good paint and the amount of chipping you get is much less.

Sounds like the the bumper you had done wasn't done properly if it got scratched up that quickly. That said its better to give paint around a month to cure fully (you would want to do that before paintsheilding too

Rob just had my front bumper painted and its covered in chips already. , nothing to do with paint quality, just the frontal aspect of the car.I had similar issues with a Porsche that got covered in chips, certainly nothing wrong with their paint process :)

People keep going on about paint quality ,it's a load of bull.. most low sports cars with flatish front spoiler are always going to pick up chips..fact of life.. Answer is to drive really slow at least 100 yards from the car in front at all times :teeth:

Ok, if you want to split hairs, when you read it, i say the black rear lights look chav and dont belong on a zed, you then come back and say 'and a nismo kit does' to me that puts it in the same context as what im saying about the lights. Nope, it was a question to you, then I cited a Latin way of saying that you must have not known/understood that meant "do not dispute other people's tastes", or "each to their own" . What you should have read into it was, in your opinion blacked out lights make a Z chav, while a Nismo kit doesn't (as you have it on your car). In other people's eyes, a Nismo kit can look as chav, if not worse. hence my "each to their own" comment (which you didn't grasp)

Actually, it was designed for a Gran Turismo series (PS2 game) and Nissan liked it and decided to produce it.

again, apart from the fact that I am not bidding on anything, you got it all wrong, for the above reasons i just mentioned. My mentioning a nismo kit in the previous thread only was to make you realise that what you like (or choose to do) might not be to other people's likings, and they might even see it as chav.

Aye, whatever you say, chief! :D