Who was it on here was going to do that tank dip ?

Jed

Used to work for a company who did this back in the mid 90's for Nokia, Motorolla etc.

Part of Doncasters PLC - IVC Technologies.

The company technology has morphed through an act of betrayal and theft (Not bitter at all you understand) into ACT in Oldbury/Tipton

(Applied coating technologies)

The boss man is a bloke called Yasin Zakar

Have a word he may still be doing it.

yep it was me doing it; just waiting for the weather to improve fro spraying and got to finish converting my garage and then i should be up and running. for now i'm just doing vinyl.

if your planning to have a go your self or need advice feel free to chat to me; i've done a lot of research and i'm happy to give guidance if you want.

Have the films progressed over the intervening years.

Used to be quite difficult to keep them. ( controlled atmospheric cabinets with humidity and temp limits )

otherwise the shelf life was days.

I used to use a tank with a programmable automated lowering arm to keep the distortion down to a minimum, heated to keep the distilled water at the correct temp for proper film adhesion.

I still have a few bits and pieces somewhere that are coated, 15 years old and still looking good.

It was quite an expensive set up in 1995 :headhurt: The films were only produced by one company and the coating was under a licence agreement with a high nanual cost.

The dipping process was subject to inclusions and hairs etc Much more difficult to keep clean that the spray booths we had.

Good luck with the venture RT :clap:

produces some stunning items when done just right.

yep it was me doing it; just waiting for the weather to improve fro spraying and got to finish converting my garage and then i should be up and running. for now i'm just doing vinyl.

Its a mate of mine i was telling and he is after some Bike Bits doing!

Have the films progressed over the intervening years.

Used to be quite difficult to keep them. ( controlled atmospheric cabinets with humidity and temp limits )

otherwise the shelf life was days.

I used to use a tank with a programmable automated lowering arm to keep the distortion down to a minimum, heated to keep the distilled water at the correct temp for proper film adhesion.

I still have a few bits and pieces somewhere that are coated, 15 years old and still looking good.

It was quite an expensive set up in 1995 :headhurt: The films were only produced by one company and the coating was under a licence agreement with a high nanual cost.

The dipping process was subject to inclusions and hairs etc Much more difficult to keep clean that the spray booths we had.

Good luck with the venture RT :clap:

produces some stunning items when done just right.

i don't keep mine in an atmospheric cabinet :wacko: think they must have come on a bit over the years, there are people using automated systems but they aren't cheap and tend to be for those doing large scale productions. still have to use heaters to keep temp of water right, but don't use distilled water just normal water. still not a cheap setup but there are several film producers and people are even printing there own, but the costs are high and you have to buy a minimum order of custom film for them to do it.

if your mate wants some stuff doing i might be able to help, but am limited with spraying at the moment as i have to wait for good weather to avoid the high moisture count in the air.