Off to York anyone got any hotel recommendations?

shire350Z

The Missis has bought me a driving experience which I'm going to be doing up at York's Elvington airfield and thought it would be nice to stay over for the night.

So after a nice hotel for the night, prity much in the centre only must is that it's got a decent carpark with no massive speed bumps :lol: for the zed

Any reccomendations :thumbs:

We always stay at the Novotel,not bad prices for York and it has its own private car park.It is a five minute walk into the centre of York.If you want to look it up the address is Fishergate,YO10 4FD.Also around the corner is a Travel lodge with its own carpark,haven't used this one so can't comment on it.Hope this helps. :thumbs:

We've stayed in York a few times. Can't think of the name for the first hotel, but that was £110 per night.

A place I would recommend is Hotel 53. http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reser ... -york.aspx

Reasonable prices, excellent location, only downside is the parking is open air and can be a little bit of a tight squeeze. I can't remember if there is a charge for parking?

Otherwise a great hotel, breakfast was super even with a hangover!

Cheers guys for the comments just booked in here

http://www.hotelnoir.co.uk/ got a great deal on groupon for a superior room for less then half the price off what it should be :thumbs:

Good choice, my sister lives round the corner in Westminster Road. However it's quite a walk into town will take about 30mins. If the river isn't in flood the best way is to walk down Water End then along the riverbank path into town a nice walk.

the buggars they said its a ten minute walk :lol:

Cancel your booking - the hotel I posted is ideally located for location to the town. It's at the top end where the shops are, and a little further for the decent bars by the river etc.

3 mins walk to the nearest pub, the bar in the hotel is reasonably priced and open till late. Food is fantastic, rooms are well above average. Seriously, take a look before it's too late....