Fitting of Scropion Exhaust?? Help Please

paza3

Hi Guys

The garage has just fitted my exhaust :teeth: and they said they had the normal trouble getting the old one off as garages say to bump the labour up. :dry:

They said to me that there is a metal plate above the back box and they said about cutting it as it sits very close to it and is vibrating against it a little at low revs.

My question is can they cut this? also is it been fitted correctly in the first place? is this normal problems some advice would be great as they seem a little confused as they said they did not want heat up the brackets for it to sit lower just in case it voided the warranty. :shrug:

Thanks in advice Patrick

P.s Also they removed the bracket in the bottom picture it this normal???

photo19.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo16.jpg

I had the same problem when I had mine fitted, they cut half the thing, (in the last photo) off with a angle grinder, they also had to heat and bend the brackets to get it to sit correctly, and I'm not completely satisfied, as one of the tail pipes is higher than the other.

Hi Guys

The garage has just fitted my exhaust :teeth: and they said they had the normal trouble getting the old one off as garages say to bump the labour up. :dry:

I just love this. All garages are out to 'rip you off' right? What a joke. Did it ever occur to you that the garage might have had to spend hours removing the exhaust because of rust and muck effectively welding the joints together? Who's fault is that then? Should the garage have to take a hit because of the condition of a car they do not even own?

Mmmm not great :dry: I thought the Scropion was the one to have?

Yes that's what I thought, if you mean the heat shield, no they didn't, but it was vibrating on the long pipe, that fits onto the old bit

I have the same probem. The mid pipe sits on the brace that goes under the car. I need to get the brackets heated up and moved. So that they sit properly.

Pain really

Mmmm not great :dry: I thought the Scropion was the one to have?

Yes that's what I thought, if you mean the heat shield, no they didn't, but it was vibrating on the long pipe, that fits onto the old bit

I have the same probem. The mid pipe sits on the brace that goes under the car. I need to get the brackets heated up and moved. So that they sit properly.

Pain really

Thanks for your input, so if you heat up the brackets would this void your warrenty?

Hi Guys

I just love this. All garages are out to 'rip you off' right? What a joke. Did it ever occur to you that the garage might have had to spend hours removing the exhaust because of rust and muck effectively welding the joints together? Who's fault is that then? Should the garage have to take a hit because of the condition of a car they do not even own?

Buddy, sadly like everything in life there is always a small few who ruin it for the good garages, I’m being somewhat flippant with my response, but every job always seem to take twice as long in my experience only when I do not personally know the garage owner. No insult intended to the garage owners / mechanics out there :)

Hi Guys

Buddy, sadly like everything in life there is always a small few who ruin it for the good garages, I’m being somewhat flippant with my response, but every job always seem to take twice as long in my experience only when I do not personally know the garage owner. No insult intended to the garage owners / mechanics out there :)

Hehe, sure there are some scumbag cowboys out there, but honestly almost EVERY job takes longer than the ridiculously short job-times, especially on older car (10+ years old) with a lot of rusty bolts and muck underneath.

Ok nice one looks like it should be fine to remove then, just a quick one? does it look like it's sitting a wee bit high? or normal height

Mine probably sits a few mm lower but hardly noticable. This is a pic with the shield removed, I guess it's protecting those two rubber hoses not sure how important it is..

IMG_0800.jpg

I also had the same problem with that metal thingy but managed just to bend it a little in the opposite direction and no problems at all :thumbs:

Does yours sit the same?

not sure what you mean sit the same :blush:

:lol: soz , looks the same height etc