New cat back exhaust?

MazzaG13

hi guys

going to change my exhaust this Thursday from the standard one, getting a new cat-back system fitted.... custom made from Torque exhaust. 1-2 pipes at the end, instead of the muffler box... is this a good idea, the guy recommended this ?

What would you recommend the best size and design for performance/sound, as dont want it tooooo loud ? and will I get the same performace as a brand name ?

Lookin forward to your thoughts,

Mario

You wont see any performance gains with a different zorst. You would need to have the uprev done once you have the zorst fitted.

The ecu tunes itself when it sees something different attached. So you will have the noise but very little gains.

I assume that thee will be some sort of muffler somewhere on the zorst? :shrug: else it will be fooking loud. :lol:

How much you being charged btw, have you looked at buying a miltek zorst, may be somewhere what you are going to pay and less agro.

You should get to some meets before commiting to something you may regret, loads of us have aftermarket zorsts fitted and this would give you an idea of noise levels.

Yeah ive looked at range online and on you tube etc... all look different and quite loud... im no expert but.... The thing is, the guy is kinda my mate so gettin "mates rates".. they said £450 for the lot, i.e: SS t304 cat back which will be 1 pipe, then split into 2 with individual pipes, with resonator boxers, and whatever tip i want.(will keep it lookin the same i think round tip) they said i can have it as loud as I want...

yeah, i guess it wont be massive, but will notice some slight performace gains surely?? just want it a little bit deeper sound, but not too loud if ya get me :)

but yeee....

Would love to come to a meet ! wens the next 1 ?!

• 3 weeks later...
exhaust gains on a n/a engine are never amazing, i am thinking of getting one iv seen on ebay £230!

Dont do it! :thumbdown: It'll be a "Pig in a Poke!" :bang: Save up a few more pennies and buy something decent!

Most swear by Scorpion or Milltech or Buddy Club or Japspeed or Nismo or .....! :thumbs:

Just NOT a cheapy Fleabay! :doh:

exhaust gains on a n/a engine are never amazing, i am thinking of getting one iv seen on ebay £230!

Dont do it! :thumbdown: It'll be a "Pig in a Poke!" :bang: Save up a few more pennies and buy something decent!

Most swear by Scorpion or Milltech or Buddy Club or Japspeed or Nismo or .....! :thumbs:

Just NOT a cheapy Fleabay! :doh:

japspeed is cheap ebay tat :p

£450 is a good price for a custom exhaust, is it full stainless?

I always wonder when i see these comment's, just how many people have actually owned a "cheap ebay exhaust" and how many just jump on the hearsay bandwagon?

I have had two so far, one on my Supra for three years with no problems whatsoever, and it still fine with the new owner,

and one currently one year old, on my 350GT also with no problems,

a lot of these are usually made in the US or Mexico by third party companies, and re-branded for others, i have always found them to be of good quality and with excellent tig machine welding, don't see what the problem is.

I always wonder when i see these comment's, just how many people have actually owned a "cheap ebay exhaust" and how many just jump on the hearsay bandwagon?

I have had two so far, one on my Supra for three years with no problems whatsoever, and it still fine with the new owner,

a lot of these are usually made in the US or Mexico by third party companies, and re-branded for others, i have always found them to be of good quality and with excellent tig machine welding, don't see what the problem is.

hks knock off rusts, japseye one rusts.

hks knock off rusts, japseye one rusts.

I have the HKS knock off, and no rust, i have seen some stainless exhausts that don't have stainless flanges, and so rust, but then i have owned genuine Zigen and HKS exhausts that only had stainless silencer sections and the rest was mild steel, which is rather disappointing in comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah i know! would suit a weekend car more!

:lol: Mines is a weekend car and it was even too loud for that. Too unrefined and loud. Makes everything rattle inside the cabin. buddy club is a much better version and a bit more tuned sounding.