2nd key success for £55

Well, no longer in fear of losing my only key.... Local Evans H quoted £180 for a 2nd key so decided some research was reqd. Bought a blank for £12 from fleabay, £5 at local key cutters to be copied, £38 today to code in at independent dealer in Wakefield.

Now my little princess, who somehow seems to own the car more often than I do, doesn't live in fear of prosecco forgetfullness!!

Er yes, found that & hands up, wimped out, otherwise could have done it for £17.

Elected to use dealer for that part, half hour labour charge seemed logical then if they messed up would take responsibilty for sorting, was in fear of having my only key not working!!

Hmm, just coming back to the whole coding spare key thing. Refering to this in particular:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Programming_a_new_keyfob

Had no luck getting into the registration mode, is there a dance or sacrafice required before hand? :lol: This is intended for the 2 button key jobby aye? Bought an ebay special and had it cut, just need the magic touch now it seems!

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, just coming back to the whole coding spare key thing. Refering to this in particular:

That's the method for US spec cars and totally different to UK spec!

From experience, even if you get into registration mode you may have completely the wrong type of key... There's at least 2 different types that look the same.

i ve recently purchase a key fob from ebay and a blade which i ve now had cut,to be told that it will not be a case of just programming in.my local nissan dealer has informed me that they will need to reprogram the fob and key to the car after obtaining the necessary info from the immobliliser unit fitted above the ignition barrel.

looks like they need to plug in with there pc hardware to re boot/re code the system.

will keep you up to speed as and when this works.

both myself and the dealer have already attemped the normal route of programming to no avail :bang:

as i deliver to the dealer and friends with the GTR tech, i can only hope there will be no charge :teeth:

That's the method for US spec cars and totally different to UK spec!

From experience, even if you get into registration mode you may have completely the wrong type of key... There's at least 2 different types that look the same.

Ahh, it's good to have some confirmation on that, thank you!