Update to Insurance Enquiries

sickboy123

Hey all,

Here is an update to my insurance enquiries, and some responses that suprised me.

I was requesting fully comp insurance, my details ( Licence since 1998, 6 yrs nc, drive company vehicle aswell, no points/penalties, live in decent area.)

Sky insurance - " we are not insuring cars in Lancashire due to high number of claims recently"

Chris Knott insurance - "cannot insure you until your 30 (I am in 2 months lol) and have owned the car for one year, come back next year for a decent offer".

Moneysupermarket checked out usual well known places and gave results varying from £1200 and greater.

My current insurer Direct Line gave the best offer of £1173.

Can anyone else think of any other insurance companies? :thumbs:

You must live in a really bad area as i dont even pay that much and i'm 27 with 3 years NCD, 2 claims and 3 points with my 25 year old girlfriend who also has 2 claims on the policy.

Try adding a named driver.

+1

I added the missus (who by the way can't drive to safe her f*&king life) and it dropped by £200. :bangin::bangin:

Admiral were the cheapest by far. I was with Tescos on the old car and had already paid £400 for the year one month before getting the Zed - to change cars for the remaining 11 months they wanted an extra £1300!

Called Admiral and they quoted over £600 (fully comp, guaranteed no claims) then added the wifes car and it came in under £500. What surprised me is that they apply the full years multicar discount even though the wifes current (Tesco) policy expires three weeks before the renewal of my Admiral policy. So for the promise of having her insured for 3 weeks (£25 ish) I get a whole years multicar discount of around £130.

Also, I wasn't as quick as I should've been with sending them proof of no claims (all sorted now) but they wrote to me saying they would reset my no claims to 0 years and the quote would go up by £145. Ok, I'm 32 and live in a nice(ish) area, but that sounded like a bargain to me!!

That's weird, I went on the Admiral website and it was £800ish I think, ended up with Admiral for £540 via moneysupermarket :shrug:

Money supermarket is terrible. I got quotes of about 6k. Go onto admiral website and get a quote.

When I was 21 I was 1300, just 23 now and slightly under 1k

That's weird, I went on the Admiral website and it was £800ish I think, ended up with Admiral for £540 via moneysupermarket :shrug:

Money supermarket is terrible. I got quotes of about 6k. Go onto admiral website and get a quote.

When I was 21 I was 1300, just 23 now and slightly under 1k

:lol: its a nightmare of a mess lol

I used to work for moneysupermarket........they're full of shiiiiiiite

Always remember they only show whomever they are partnered with.........so when Direct Line tell them to get fecked you don't get a quote from directline.

Doesn't help that they're run by utter morons either.

:lol::lol: Well the shiiite filled morons did me proud this year :D

Always remember they only show whomever they are partnered with.........so when Direct Line tell them to get fecked you don't get a quote from directline.

:lol::lol: Well the shiiite filled morons did me proud this year :D

Yeah they probably do a job..........I just hate them for being a kack employer and do my best to spread as much bad cheer about them as possible.

The gimp who set the thing up can often be seen cruising round Chester in his Lambo.........my Mrs used to date him and she accidentally wiped hand cream all over the alacantra on his 2 day old 911.........Carla FTW!!!!!