Tyre and Alloy Wheel insurance

redcupra

I first heard about this last night. A friend has a damaged tyre and is claiming on her insurance. It only applies to road damage and obviously not wear and tear. They are considering getting her two new tyres after i pointed out fitting on new one on a FWD car may cause problems. :)

i had a friend who told me of a friend that had tyre insurance, his tread was low, so he shoved a nail in it, let it go flat, then drove it so it scrubbed the edges badly, then claimed off it, they questioned it at first, but he explained that if the tyre goes flat or loses pressure then it would scrub the edges.

sounds fishy when i said a friend of a friend, but it wasnt me, i can get tyres pretty cheap and fit them myself, so never had a problem with getting them.

:)

i had a friend who told me of a friend that had tyre insurance, his tread was low, so he shoved a nail in it, let it go flat, then drove it so it scrubbed the edges badly, then claimed off it, they questioned it at first, but he explained that if the tyre goes flat or loses pressure then it would scrub the edges.

sounds fishy when i said a friend of a friend, but it wasnt me, i can get tyres pretty cheap and fit them myself, so never had a problem with getting them.

:)

I was thinking the same thing. How are they to know if you "accidently" ran over a nail?

Over this end of the pond, quite a few of the large tyre suppliers fix punctures for free (if you purchased the tyres from them), and if there's any sort of manufacturing failure they'll replace them. Not quite the same as you're talking about I guess.

I've got it on the 911, and it's pretty good value if I use it. Up to five claims (5x tyre, 5x wheel refurb) in 3 years, so I'll use the tyre claims as and when needed but save the wheel claims right up until it's about to run out, then I'll get all four done. On 19" diamond cut wheels finished in black, it's already saved me a fortune if I do that.

I've got it on the 911, and it's pretty good value if I use it. Up to five claims (5x tyre, 5x wheel refurb) in 3 years, so I'll use the tyre claims as and when needed but save the wheel claims right up until it's about to run out, then I'll get all four done. On 19" diamond cut wheels finished in black, it's already saved me a fortune if I do that.

Hope you dont mind me asking, but where did you purchase it from and how much did it cost?

Hope you dont mind me asking, but where did you purchase it from and how much did it cost?

IIRC it was either £350 or £500 and I got it direct from Porsche when I bought the car. I'll have a check when I get home as I can't remember the figures, there was a lot to sign that day :blush: