Questions, Questions, Questions

Spill

Guest prescience

Nice info. you're not Ninja-Z of 350zmotoring are you?

Recall a HKS/Vortech dust-up someone had with booger on there ;)

thanks for that, I will look at the HKS system based on your personal recommendations

One thing I have noticed is some get bad reports for the clattery noise they make, I presume with a self contained cooling/lube system this isnt the case on HKS (as you said, just need clarification)

Also I'm happy with stock exhaust, would the system work ok? I'm not wanting to change too much at first so basically stick the HKS on, does it really require an intercooler or as its good at keeping a low temp is the intercooler really not needed?

thanks for that, I will look at the HKS system based on your personal recommendations

One thing I have noticed is some get bad reports for the clattery noise they make, I presume with a self contained cooling/lube system this isnt the case on HKS (as you said, just need clarification)

Also I'm happy with stock exhaust, would the system work ok? I'm not wanting to change too much at first so basically stick the HKS on, does it really require an intercooler or as its good at keeping a low temp is the intercooler really not needed?

The HKS unit is very quiet and does not clatter, if you keep the car stock, dont even change the thermostat, the HKS does not need tuning. You can just plug in the pre tuned F-Con and go.

HKS seems to be the safest form of FI for the 350z

Prob not the best for big power but its a quality kit which is prob the best for a daily driver.

^^ true about the F-Con its great. But i would want things checked out and tweaked still just for safety.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, I have only just seen this (so is probably irrelevant now) :blush:

I just wanted to say:

1) The FCON that comes with the kit is "plug and play" but it seems to be calibrated on the safe side (rich and retarded), so further calibration makes a substantial difference.

2) The HKS supercharger system has been discontinued, which is a shame because it is a great system.