SPEED BUMPS

Matt.

ok guys im looking to get a Z within the next few months, and i intend it to be a Z with a V1 or V2 kit or maybe another kit so long as i like it.

i had a thought the other day and was wondering if you guys have had any problems with speed bumps tearing your front bumpers off or any damages from bumps, kurbs or anything alike.

so if you could just let me know here of anything i might need to look out for that could damage the kit.

Thanks.

Yeah, you have to be really careful and you will more than likely forget one day. I also damaged a low front end when parking up with a high kerbstone in front of me that I didn't spot. Damaged the MR2 Turbo several times, eventually it was unrepairable.

P0000217.jpg

Quite low, but I've seen lower.

Also, you learn to use a different technique, trying to straddle speed bumps by aiming the centre of the car over them at speed is a no no.

Pete

Been driving a V1 kitted zed for past 5 years. Never scraped on a speed bump, but tiny scrapes a few times on underside of front lip going into some drives where the road dips as it reaches the kerb then that kinda doubles the severity of the incline of the slope where the kerbs were dropped sloping upto the drive.........if you get my drift :shrug:

I drive a lowered Aerosync (very similar to V1) car and speed bumps are a bit awkward. I generally avoid them....

The car can make it over most of them over at an angle slowly. Unlowered I don't think there would be much or an issue. A car is still for driving though and this is the reason I went for Aerosync as it's urethane and can flex over it. If it was fibreglass I think it would have been in a million bits by now! :lol:

Standard suspension and a V1/V2 kit will generally be fine. I ran a Varis lip on my 350z and it was fine on almost any speedbump. As with HEADPHONES, the problem was slanting drives/roads that then went up a raised kerb so there was a dip then a raised bit, used to catch them a lot.