passenger footwell soaked!

SunGodRA

This happened last winter a few times but after last nights down-poor the passenger mat/carpet was absolutely sodden wet this morning. I cant visually see where the water is coming in from - doesn't appear to be door seals as they appeared dry. Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this?

thanks, David

Seen a few posts saying it is the air conditioning as that it where it is situated I believe... have you had the Air Con running during the winter?

Aircon runs all year round Dave - but I only get wet mats after heavy rain etc

Have you lubricated all the seals round the doors, always worthwhile in the cold :cold: you only need a very small leak to make a big puddle in this weather, could be worse you could be in Australia and watching the Zed float away :boat::byebye:

check the windscreen seal. been a problem for a member in the past. You may need to have a new windscreen installed to solve the problem. This cured it with this member

Also put some talcum powder around the seals then try a hose, perhaps identify where its coming from. Door windscreen first then try the door seals. It is worth solving this as you coulld end up with water in the BCM board. You dont want that. Very expensive

check the windscreen seal. been a problem for a member in the past. You may need to have a new windscreen installed to solve the problem. This cured it with this member

Also put some talcum powder around the seals then try a hose, perhaps identify where its coming from. Door windscreen first then try the door seals. It is worth solving this as you coulld end up with water in the BCM board. You dont want that. Very expensive

Not that expensive Mike :thumbs: 3 in stock :thumbs::lol:

Hose pipe test is the only way mate and lift the carpet in the footwell. If it is REALLY soaking I would remove carpets for drying. I would check your ecu to see if any moisture is on it. Would have to be a badly fitted screen to leak but it has happened in the past as reported. If you need any help talking through and locations of certain things etc :pmr35lee: :thumbs:

Not that expensive Mike :thumbs: 3 in stock :thumbs::lol:

good, save someone a few bob then :thumbs: