P3 service costs

jimgallaher

my car is almost due a p3 so I've rang both a Nissan main dealer and a very good independent I've used for some years. The Nissan garage quoted me approx £350 Inc vat, the independent quoted the same ! This surprised me as they have always undercut main dealers by a significant margin. They qualified the price by saying the biggest proportion of the cost was the spark plugs at £22.97+vat each :scare: I've seen postings on this forum stating the cost price of a P3 is ~ £180 so i was wondering is the price of the plugs I've been quoted wrong ? Are they changed on a P3 service and finally would it be cheaper if I sourced oil and plugs myself, I.e on this forum ?

Thanx in advance

what's the year and mileage, spark plugs are recommended to be changed at 5 years or 60,000 miles so you could have a P3 done without needing plugs. I was quoted £420 for a P3 from Glyn Hopkins Woodford just before christmas spark plugs was another £81

I have since spoken with Abbey and they are cheaper :yahoo:

Thanks Alex, I've emailed the Indy to get a cost for P3 if I supply oil and plugs. I know mine have only 33k on them but for 99.95 delivered I think I'd get them done during the p3. I'll probably be getting back to you shortly if the service price is right. I was just thinking maybe the Nissan garage quote didn't include plugs whereas the Indy is including them in the £350 quoted.

• 3 weeks later...