Refurbing wheels diy

Dblock

I would like to refurb some wheels diy. I know what Im doing but I dont know the best place to get some paint from. It needs to be in an aerosol.

Im also looking for a gun metaly dark silver colour. Most people have just said halfords but I hate spending money there.

So anyone know any good places, I tried paints 4 u but cant find where there aerosol paint is and they only had 4 colours so I thought I was doing it wrong.

Ebay, I bought my paint for my mini off there. Top quality stuff too :thumbs:

Link for the seller mate?

RTbiscuit, So would I just email them a paint code or tell them roughly what Im looking for?

Also do they do a colour match in a tin as I want to flick the alloys in my body colour.

Thanks

RTbiscuit, So would I just email them a paint code or tell them roughly what Im looking for?

Also do they do a colour match in a tin as I want to flick the alloys in my body colour.

Thanks

click on the link above,

next to the paint can is a button that says choose colour you cna then choose by vehicle and paint colour etc.

Thanks

click on the link above,

next to the paint can is a button that says choose colour you cna then choose by vehicle and paint colour etc.

I ment that for Woody but lol its right,

Cheers RT problem is though Im not wanting the colour the in the aerosol the same as my car or the colour my car came with as its for the wheels and I wanted to go for a darker colour. Should I just drop them an email?

probably best, lol. usual trick is if you've seen a colour of a car you like then look for the car. but they are very good; i rang them a while ago and they are really helpful. i only buy my paint from them if i can, best nozzles, good quality paint; good prices.

probably best, lol. usual trick is if you've seen a colour of a car you like then look for the car. but they are very good; i rang them a while ago and they are really helpful. i only buy my paint from them if i can, best nozzles, good quality paint; good prices.

Ahh ok so i'l look for a dark Gray gunmetal colour and find a good shade on a car.

Just try the local paint and body factor the garages use where you live most do aerasols and will mix any colour you want

really?

i thought all there stuff was bought in for their spray guns, so big paint tins. they also use 2k paints so you'd need air fed respirators.

My bodys shops round here probably woundnt do that as they are rubbish lol.

Also what' I know this is off topic but what's 1k, 2k and 2 pack?

1k and 2k are types of paint

2 pack was a rapper

No 2pac or tupac was a rapper :p

Whats the difference betweeen 1k and 2k?

Lacquer Primer is a 1K primer meaning it does not take a hardener. It can always be retarded with lacquer thinner.

2K stand for 2 komponents meaning a primer with the activator. There are 4 different types of 2k primers, self etch, epoxy, Urethane, and now a new hybrid which is a Urethane DTM (direct to metal).

Lacquer Primer is a 1K primer meaning it does not take a hardener. It can always be retarded with lacquer thinner.

2K stand for 2 komponents meaning a primer with the activator. There are 4 different types of 2k primers, self etch, epoxy, Urethane, and now a new hybrid which is a Urethane DTM (direct to metal).

thanks mate :thumbs: