My planned install...

chrisgunton

As soon as I get my monies together I'm planning on pulling out my slightly dogdy BOSE system (speaker cutting out and CD skipping) and satnav in favour of:

Head Unit:

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/pioneer/ ... ER=Froogle

With this and this.

Have I got all the right bits? The most important big about the HU is to connect an iPod (with full control of it) and to play movies via SD card or DVD.

Then when funds allow - a Nurrish system to replace the satnav in the cubby.

How's that sound?

Check local caraudio shops or even Halfrauds and see if they have ex-display models.

I got my Pioneer AVIC F900BT for £350 at Halfrauds, ex display but hardly a mark on it, RRP was £899.

The ICT facsia is not the right one for a double DIN.

You only need the frame for the double, the pocket and single din stuff will be surplus to requirement.

I was thinking for a few quid extra I'd rather have some surplus bits and a perfect fit than cut it - or are the edges well hidden by the HU?

Just found the HU really cheap somewhere :)

The edges apart from the bottom are well hid by the HU. For the bottom my installer put a bit of felt inbetween, have to put it back every time I take out the console surrounding the gearknob.

The 007 is the old model, which I have on my Pioneer, most of the steering controls work but the track up and down both go down...

Keep meaning to order a 020 rev 1.8 which retains all the controls

Hope that helps, if you need anymore info PM me or email incartec direct they are really helpful