D1 Spec Throttle Controller Fitted today ! F me !

jollyranchers

Fitted my throttle controller today , and i must say for the money im very very impressed !

Gives the Z more of an aggressive thump of power somehow especially on SP7 Setting , i was a bit sceptical about getting one but it just works.

Im in love with SP7 setting :cloud9: ! , should be like this from factory !

So another thumbs up for this controller , this has got to be an absolute must mod for the Z

I know it doesnt give you any more power but the car definately feels quicker and improves the

overall driving experience which is what its all about.

Quick question tho , im assuming on 'nor' setting this is basically reverting to factory settings

as if the controller is not fitted ?

also i didnt get the grey plastic plugs above the accelerator pedal to click together, i definately have them the right way round but just expected them to be a better fit with a positive click ?

I would personally use SP5 day to day when the weather is good, thats what I do, otherwise you will get used to SP7 and have no more fun :lol:

Whatever you do never set it to Econ, it feels like the engine has just fallen out :surrender:

Nor is basic yes, thats what I have mine on at the moment due to all the wet stuff about :drive1

yeah im on sp4 at the moment for normal driving so i dont OD on SP7

Do the supplied sticky pads mark the interior trim if removed ? , i havent stuck it down with anything yet but/if i sell the Z in the future dont really want to damage the trim below the air con controls

whats everyone used ?

I haven't found the need too so much on the 370, although I had one on my old 350.

One thing I did come across the other day was an identical looking (to the D1 spec) controller that changed the way the AT behaves, I think it lets you vary the RPM level at which it changes gear. Although since fitting the exhaust I'm in manual mode 99% of the time (once the oil temp needle gets off the 70 minimum), so a AT controller won't be much use to me.

didn't bother with the sticky pads for mine, the wires are routed under the trim strip at the bottom of the drivers door and the unit itself is just at the base of the front rhs of my seat. you can reach down with your right hand and adjust it. also allows the unit to be tucked away when not in use.

I find most settings above 4 a bit excessive in town, but love it all the same.