No more snow ~ smelly feet

jimgallaher

now I've got your attention !

Finally got the "baby" back on the road after being confined to the garage for the past 9 days, i headed into the big smoke for a long waited curry, damned snow, I,m having curry withdrawal symptoms. Anyway after about 4 miles I noticed a horrible smell (smelt like damp smelly feet) emanating from the front o f the zed(heater) I stopped and checked out the engine bay in case there was a hose burst or leaking, but all seemed fine. Anyone have any idea what this smell might be ? It seemed to have disappeared on my return trip, but maybe i had just got used to it ?

Yeah used the washers while driver, must check that out. Just put new washer solution in the car 2 weeks or so back.

Check in the tray under the windscreen where the wipers come to rest, you may find some form of algea there, bet if you get that area wet you will find the source of your smell. Just spray some clean water around that area, you will soon smell a foul smell.

I was using tesco ready mix screen wash, it seem to go bad for some reason.