Back Box

HaydnH

Hi All,

I'm getting motordyne ART decats and XYZ y-pipe fitted at abbey in a couple of weeks and I'm already considering what I should do to replace the standard back box. I'm quite taken by the Amuse R1 titan, however I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend that sort of cash and can't find just the back box for sale so I'd have a y-pipe etc left over.

Ideally I'd like to stay dual tips, titanium (love that blue), fit the standard y-pipe (well, motordyne xyz anyway) and not sound too much like a 747 taking off.... any ideas?

Cheers,

Haydn.

Haydn, just had the ART decats and XYZ fitted to my car at Abbey and the sound is awesome even with the standard mid-pipe/backbox. Still quiet when cruising on the motorway but under load above 2k rpm thru to redline nicely vocal and more 'exotic' sounding than standard. I'll replace my mid/rear section when the standard one dies.....probs with a 5zigen pro-racer A-spec. They look :cloud9: imo and although not titanium they do have the burnt tips B) Mark from Abbey said that would probs work quite well with the XYZ/decat combo :thumbs: Happy Xmas!

How about a Greddy Spectrum Elite:

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=35 ... rodid=3497

Blue tips, tasteful sound and not too expensive either. It's only a back box, not even a mid pipe is included, but from what Abbey have said the y-pipe is the main bit to sort out as the rest of the system is good for 400bhp or so. If you decide you want it a bit louder later on you could get a custom exhaust place to knock you up a straight through mid pipe for peanuts.

If you don't fancy ordering from the US I'm sure Chilli Red could probably get one of these for you.