Window Problem

bakseedaa

Just walked back from the shop (Didnt take the car due to the 8 inch of snow last night) As i got back i noticed the passenger window open 1 inch below the rubber seal of the door, on further inspection it was the same on the drivers door. When i tried to open and close them the drivers was ok but at first the passengers would only open and would not close. After about 10 mins it eventually closed.

Now though every time i open and close the passenger door the window opens about an inch more every time i do it (but doesnt go back up) until eventually the window is fully open. I have to close it with the drivers side window switch.

My real concern at the moment is why both windows were open in the first place, anybody any ideas :shrug: ? thanks

Don't know why it did it, but to reset it, using the drivers switches, put the window up, then drop it all the way without using auto drop, then all the way back up and hold it there for five seconds. Should now drop and raise properly when you close the doors.

Havent disconnected the battery for anything have you? Only that or removing the door switches should cause the problem you've seen :shrug:

Taken from a US TSB NTB09-016: - Whether the service procedure might do the trick for yours :shrug:

2009 370Z; DOOR WINDOW OPERATION

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2009 370Z (Z34)

IF YOU CONFIRM:

Upon opening either the driver’s or passenger’s door, the door windows cannot be raised

with the door open.

AND

The battery state-of-charge is low.

OR

The battery (for whatever reason) had been temporarily disconnected.

ACTIONS:

DO NOT replace the power window motor or power window switch.

If the battery state-of-charge is low: Service the battery as indicated by use of the

Midtronics GR-8 Battery and Diagnostic Station using standard Warranty procedures.

Re-initialize the windows using the service procedure on page 2.

Page 2

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window more than halfway by operating the power window switch.

4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch

more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.

5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to

confirm the initialization is complete.

6. Performs steps 2 through 5 above for the other window.

If I find anything else, I'll let you know :thumbs: