JDM Rear speakers fault ?

M9O OEY

Hi all :thumbs:

My rear speakers don't work and never have since owning the Z :thumbdown: . What I'd like to know is how easy are they to remove and test ? Is it just a case of removing the black rubbers around the outside of the speaker and unscrewing the speaker ,and testing the speaker by measuring the resistance of the coils ?? Iv tried the search and it came up with 24 pages of info :bang: I even found people talking of the rear speakers never being installed from new :thumbdown: .also checked the guides but no luck.

any help much appreciated :teeth:

M9O OEY

The grills don't just pop off mate you need to remove the full plastic panel. Very easy to do. Do you have the Bose system?

The problem is more than likely to be a wiring issue inside the Bose unit or behind in the harness to the HU. Let me know if you need talking through it and I am happy to help mate :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

When I got my JDM Zed it didn't have the rears working...so took the covers of..sounds worse than it really is btw...and yes it had speakers and yes they looked as new but both had blown coils. So simply replaced them with same size new ones and oh what a difference. Just be well careful with all that plastic especially if its cold weather, maybe worth warming it up in a warm garage or at least take the car out to warm the interior. Best of luck!

When I got my JDM Zed it didn't have the rears working...so took the covers of..sounds worse than it really is btw...and yes it had speakers and yes they looked as new but both had blown coils. So simply replaced them with same size new ones and oh what a difference. Just be well careful with all that plastic especially if its cold weather, maybe worth warming it up in a warm garage or at least take the car out to warm the interior. Best of luck!

Thanks i tried it today - it was a dog of a job. Got as far as removing all the plastic then couldn't get the final bit off that covers the speakers - then it started to get dark. :bang:

I will not be defeated, try again on my next day off!

I seem to remember the final bit that covers the speakers etc 'just' pops off but needs loads of force...either way just persevere ..I think i got to the stage of giving up to and gave it a final go ..once you suss out one clip the others then become obvious. next attempt you'll win!!!

Cheers - more daylight this weekend!