Hands free kit to be banned?

Kennydies

I just let mine ring off. If it's really important and they keep trying, I pull over and see who it was.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if someone is asking me technical questions, it means I'm concentrating less on the road. I guess simple calls aren't the same, but they can usually wait anyway.

I know at least one person who has had an accident from being on the phone and it wasn't cos he only had one arm on the wheel... he shunted someone cos he wasn't paying attention to the traffic speed.

I don't know why they didn't ban the lot the first time as it seemed a bit pointless with just the hands free thing.

Its old old old news. Exactly the same concerns were raised when using a hand held phones were banned.

Handsfree will never be banned as a) impossible to police B) lots of contentious issues with other serivces i.e. ambulances etc would need 'fomal' traning on how to use it .etc etc. too mant complicatrions

A good start would be to police the existing law properly. Hopefully the new law witn 3 points will make more of a difference. IMO there is NO excuss for holding a phone to your ear while driving.

Considering the amount of idiots you see with iPod headphones in while driving, and smoking isn't banned, really can't see why they'd ban this.

How is it different to pressing buttons on your radio while talking to a passenger?? :wacko:

Although I agree, it's totally not policeable, it would probably make many people think twice about it. Before driving while holding a phone was banned, people saw there was no wrong in it, where now it's frowned upon. I think making them illegal would certainly make a few more think twice about it, even if it would be impossible to police.

I just read an article in AutoExpress saying that cars are being targetted, vandelised, tires slashed etc and notes being left saying, "NOTICE: You've been seen talking on your mobile phone while driving". Interesting...

This sort of thing p1sses me off! :angry:

Whilst I don't condone anyone using their mobile we live in a state where vigilante groups should not be allowed to operate in this way, breaking the law by committing criminal damage themselves. Its like the 4x4 thing. If someone has an issue after seeing someone use a phone I don't have a problem with them confronting them to discuss it sensibly (as if!) but these cowards don't do that and are clearly waiting until the vehicle is unattended. I presume this is another London thing which makes me glad I don't live there..........

I presume this is another London thing which makes me glad I don't live there

Hampshire, apprently.

I don't approve of their tactics either, but then I never use my mobile phone in the car, so wouldn't be targetted I guess. It does seem a rather extreme way to get people to stop, but maybe someone has lost someone to a driver on the phone and they've taken it personally? Who knows...

I do get the feeling this is where the UK is heading though. More and more people don't vote as they feel the same, bad decisions will be made no matter who is in power anyway. Even when people do get out and show that they really oppose something (protest against Iraq war for instance), the goverment ignores them.

Today I heard that 4 million signitures have been sent to the priminister as a plee to keep post offices open... what are the chances that those will be ignored too?

I'm guessing the reason speed cameras are being destroyed is for a similar reason too (http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4627).

I have a feeling people are fed up with the government doing nothing about importand things and being obsessive about the pointless things. As they say, "what is the world coming to?"

Hampshire, apprently.

I don't approve of their tactics either, but then I never use my mobile phone in the car, so wouldn't be targetted I guess. It does seem a rather extreme way to get people to stop, but maybe someone has lost someone to a driver on the phone and they've taken it personally? Who knows...

I do get the feeling this is where the UK is heading though. More and more people don't vote as they feel the same, bad decisions will be made no matter who is in power anyway. Even when people do get out and show that they really oppose something (protest against Iraq war for instance), the goverment ignores them.

Today I heard that 4 million signitures have been sent to the priminister as a plee to keep post offices open... what are the chances that those will be ignored too?

I'm guessing the reason speed cameras are being destroyed is for a similar reason too (http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4627).

I have a feeling people are fed up with the government doing nothing about importand things and being obsessive about the pointless things. As they say, "what is the world coming to?"

It only took two pages for it to get on to 'The trouble with Britain'!!! I completely agree mate. Slightly of topic, but we were talking last night about pay as you go insurance with a black box in your car that tracks everything. If that happens, I'm gone.....!!

If they're going to do that, they need to pull middle lane morons over and ask them what the rule of the road is. If they can't answer, car gets crushed! :yahoo: The first step at least! :D;)

More and more people don't vote as they feel the same, bad decisions will be made no matter who is in power anyway.

I've never voted. Who ever is in power were gonna get screwed somehow :rant:

Hampshire, apprently.

However @*!# the country is we can't let it decend into anarchy. :thumbdown: